Dragons Den Brush

Mani Bamotra said:
Hi All,

please see below link for a full demo:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v67LeztGq48" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v67LeztGq48</a><!-- m -->

this is a working prototype and requires a few small touches to be complete. Awarded 2 x gold medals at two invention shows and saving you time and money is what this shaving brush is about.

Best Regards

Mani Bamotra

it seems to work & work well mani, however most if not all the Guys on here are into making there own lather using a soap or cream rather than canned goo that your Brush attaches too.

When i used canned stuff i would just spray it into my hand and wipe on my face....job done, using a whirly brush to do it just saves you getting your hand all foamy, i would just rather wash my hand than spend money on a whirly brush.

it's like eating popcorn with a spoon, it works but whats the point ?

I've got an idea... why not make a brush where the bottom inch of the handle is in fact moulded soap... then you wipe the bottom of the handle over your wet fizzer in a shave stick fashion and lather up using the other end... when that stops selling bring out a "power" version where you twist the handle and the end you're not holding spins to both apply the soap and rotate the brush too...

Oh wait - it's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, except in Marketingland.

Mani Bamotra said:
This brush is not only for shaving foams and gels, but also used as a stand alone unit which can rotate on soaps or soap sticks to create lather.

sunburyboy93 said:
noted, but can it provide the correct action to whip the soap or cream just going in circles ???
i doubt it.....it's really meant for sticking on the end of the cans isn't it .........

steve

mani sent me a message, he said it's suitable for sticks and soap chaps......

I think there deffo is a market for it,if people are willing to shell out all that coin for mach 3/fusion blades etc then they probably would buy something like this.
They would see a shaving brush as old fashioned but in this form they may actually buy it,you never know.

Scorpio said:
I think there deffo is a market for it,if people are willing to shell out all that coin for mach 3/fusion blades etc then they probably would buy something like this.
They would see a shaving brush as old fashioned but in this form they may actually buy it,you never know.

The older generation may not like the look or idea, as its a new product and are happy to stick with what they know, and works well for them...but the younger generation definitely want to buy once available and can see that it makes sense to use a brush when applying a shave solution. In fact a brush would do a much better job when applying foam/gels/ soaps then what your fingers or hands would do.

Mani Bamotra said:
The older generation
Define "older"

Mani Bamotra said:
In fact a brush would do a much better job when applying foam/gels/ soaps then what your fingers or hands would do.

I don't disagree on this one - but proper preparation with warm water & soap or cream beats cold pre-cooked lather from a pressurised can every time - I say this after 22 years of wasting my time and slicing my face on "the latest & greatest". Funny that I have to shave like it's 1955 to stop shaving being a task to endure and turn it into something to enjoy...

Mani Bamotra said:
The older generation may not like the look or idea, as its a new product and are happy to stick with what they know, and works well for them...but the younger generation definitely want to buy once available and can see that it makes sense to use a brush when applying a shave solution. In fact a brush would do a much better job when applying foam/gels/ soaps then what your fingers or hands would do.

Im 24 and although i am happy with my brush i could see why the youth of today would buy it,you have seen a gap in the market and made something for those shavers out there that would purchase it.
It might go well with the Roto shaver

Well, to me this looks like a solution in search of a problem... Canned goo needs no brush for application, and for soaps and creams, the added benefit of a motorized brush over a traditional one seems marginal to me.

hunnymonster said:
I've got an idea... why not make a brush where the bottom inch of the handle is in fact moulded soap... then you wipe the bottom of the handle over your wet fizzer in a shave stick fashion and lather up using the other end....

Messy, but there already is a patent (1930s or so) for something similar, a shaving brush with a container for (powdered) shaving soap in the handle, and a dispensing mechanism through the brush...

Plus point! - may assist people with severe arthritis but they would probably have gone electric.

As I see it the defect in the design is that it attaches to a foam that doesn't need a brush to apply. If it came with a refillable tank that could take a proper shaving cream and dispense a controlled amount right to the centre of a good quality rotating knot that would be better. Sure its gadgety and not necessary but for those that currently use canned goo they would get a better shave and would probably attribute it to the hardware rather than software.

hunnymonster said:
I say this after 22 years of wasting my time and slicing my face on "the latest & greatest". Funny that I have to shave like it's 1955 to stop shaving being a task to endure and turn it into something to enjoy...

So true! I've tried all the innovations, but nothing beats the vintage Gillette's and soaps! Amazing that with all the technology available some things can't be improved on ;)

Back
Top Bottom