Dr. Selby Lavender Luxury SC

Wanted to try Dr. Selby but could find no vendor offering until recently when I read that RazorBladesandMore, David, offered this as well as tubes (5% off using code: SHAVE). So I ordered immediately. The surprize for me was the green color, a harder soft soap, other than the normal cream texture you would expect and has a slight lavender scent - I was hoping for something more stronger scented though. Great lather with three uses so far with Fido's first two brushes and a Commodore. I plan to shave tonight with a down and dirty loaded 620 boar face lather. That green cream color is something else though. I keep thinking LIME.

Not disappoined in the purchase but for me I should have purchased a tube of cream first so I could send out a few samples to friends here at TSR. Another monkey now off my back because I wanted to try this cream soap from Uruguay. I would recommend it for the glycerin fans and those who want a whiff of lavender. Sorry, I'm spoiled because I live so close to the lavender farms here in the Pacific Northwest.

I have been collecting differant color/glass/plastic shaving bowls past months for display in the guest bathroom - to get away from just a shelf full of wooden bowls - so the Selby container is, as you English put it, dee-litetuh-full. How's that accent Dodgy and Trainman? The box has a picture that shows you how to place the bowl onto the top of the cover. Not that it is unstable, not at all, just a handy place to put both on the countertop; has drainage holes.

All the best from the Pacific Northwest, Rob

Attachments

• Dr. Selby 2012.JPG
    Dr. Selby 2012.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 44
Hi Robert, I got a jar a few months ago through a Brazilian fellow from Portuguese forum, for me the smell is herbal, the Ballard's that you generously sent to me smells more like lavender. Dr. Selby's range is currently sold in giftsandcare.

Johnus said:
Robert.. Are you by Sauvie Island?

Sauvie Island is in Oregon. Approx 10 miles NW of Portland and nearer to Vancouver. Pumpkins and Red Raspberries for sure, everything farm and crops throughout the season starting in June. The wife and I plan to visit this year along with our son and GF who lives in Portland.

The lavender fields I was talking about are located in Sequim, Washington. There is an annual Sequim Lavender Festival (Mid-July) and I will take note to send you either a puck of soap or a sample of EO if you like. All things lavender, including the lavender-ade. There are some Pacific Northwest shaving soaps out of Seattle (Ballard) if you are interested.

Rain has removed the snow and we now have a green yard. Roads are wet and slushy. Time for a morning walk and then come home to shave. I shaved with the 620 boar and Dr. Shelby the night I posted this thread. That brush was loaded and the cream came to lather quickly with - more water! Really got it going and then shaved the nubs off with a Schick SE and Personna 74 injector blade. Indulgence...

Attachments

• raspberries_on_fingers.jpg
    raspberries_on_fingers.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom