DR Harris Almond Soap?

I'm thinking about buying one of these soap's now i've sold my TOBS Sandalwood, for a bit of variety.

Does anyone use it, what are your thoughts? Good lather and smell?

Is there a better Almond hard soap?

Thanks
Steve

A very good soap, leaves everything from the three T's in its wake.

Don't expect it to smell like the normal almond offerings (marzipan) it has a somewhat quinine scent.

RB73 said:
A very good soap, leaves everything from the three T's in its wake.

Don't expect it to smell like the normal almond offerings (marzipan) it has a somewhat quinine scent.

Richard very kindly sent me a puck of this in with a few EdT samples - I don't know how long he'd had the puck, but I felt that it had a distinctive scent that smelled little of almond. To my nose, the lather was almost slightly tobacco-like.

D R Harris Almond soap is one of the oldest soaps still in production - despite what some manufacturers might say.

The name has nothing to do with the scent but in the almond oil used in the formulation.

thanks guys, i think i'll have to smell the soap before i buy one. (i'll get to the shop at some point)

I'll grab one of the italian soft soaps when my TOBS cream runs out and re-use the pot.

Are Trumpers soaps the same in that they dont smell like the name and just use the oils? Lime, Coconut, Almond etc..

The Almond shaving soap from Trumpers smells EXACTLY the same as the pink Kimberly-Clark liquid hand soap that we have in our toilets at work.

Was a shocking disappointment, I can tell you.

Coconut, Violet and Rose are exactly as you'd think.

So is there any hint of Almond?

I'm probably a bit weird when it comes to almond. I quite like the smell, but only in a subtle way. I tried Cella, TOBS Almond and I think I tried GFT Almond as well, but I found them all far too sickly and didn't really enjoy how overpowering the almond scent was.

I think I mentioned this once and someone suggested a soap would be less cloying than the creams/soft soaps. However this revelation might make me rethink the idea - not that I'm really looking to add anything now, if anything I need to declutter my range of software.......

joe mcclaine said:
The Almond shaving soap from Trumpers smells EXACTLY the same as the pink Kimberly-Clark liquid hand soap that we have in our toilets at work.

Thanks, i'll give Trumpers Almond a miss!

I might try their Coconut at some point though :)

joe mcclaine said:

The hand sanitiser gel stuff at the dentist smells a bit like Hammam Bouquet, which I thought most odd.

Ian

I agree Trumper almond soap is nothing to right home about, especially considering the price bracket. I find the scent somewhat meh, but I'm not much of a scents connoisseur. My main issue with it is that the lather is light and airy whether lathered wet / dry / somewhere in between. It does leave the skin feeling good post shave though.

Back
Top Bottom