Down memory lane.

Ruth and I met as teenagers and married in 1965. Every year we revisit the Havant area to revisit old haunts. It was that day again yesterday. Lunch at the Royal Oak at Langstone. A visit to the beach we spent endless hours at with friends, and I spotted an old bus that stopped outside my house in the 50s.

Langstone Harbour

DSCN1684.jpg

Hayling Island - views across the Solent to the Isle of Wight

DSCN1694.jpg

Great Staunton Country Park - no idea why the bus was there!

DSCN1681.jpg

Langstone looks lovely. I know the general area well as I used to live in various places in Hampshire including Horndean for a short time but for some reason I never came across Langstone.

Fido said:
Langstone Harbour

DSCN1684.jpg

The wife and I sat Outside this very pub this afternoon and enjoyed a nice pint and a lunch. The Weather was glorious. We were travelling back from a couple of days staying in the new forest. Having seen you post this on here Pete, i decided to hunt it out. Very nice in deed. Thanks for posting the picture and giving me the idea.

Fido said:
That's great to hear. It's such an interesting coastline from Portsmouth to Chichester with all the natural harbours and inlets.

We walked out to Hursk castle on Tuesday evening, Then on Wednesday did a walk behind the Bulmer hotel, Standing hat i believe its called.
Missed Sammy Millers. Got there as they shut Wednesday Afternoon.
Really nice time and good weather. We stayed at a B&B we have been to a few times in Blissford.

Blissford is a Hamlet in the Parish of Hyde in the New Forest. There's a place called Hyde House, Hyde Street, Hyde. I watched for a few years to see if it would come onto the market. But I'll not move now!

Sammy Millers Motorcycle Museum is well worth a visit. He's still competing at 78.

Fido said:
Blissford is a Hamlet in the Parish of Hyde in the New Forest. There's a place called Hyde House, Hyde Street, Hyde. I watched for a few years to see if it would come onto the market. But I'll not move now!

Sammy Millers Motorcycle Museum is well worth a visit. He's still competing at 78.

How spooky is that.
We stay in the kingfisher retreat. Last house on the left next to the cattle grid.
Very lovely Couple. Was our 3rd visit in the last 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom