Double Boiler Help Needed

Right Chaps,

need some advise, i am after getting a Double Boiler, now i have a Ceramic Hob and an Induction Hob at home, now there are various Double Boilers available but alot are vintage and i don't know how suitable they are for my hob.

i eyed up this one but it doesn't say what it is made of, (aly ???) what do you think ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Swan-...llectables_Kitchenalia_RL&hash=item41595c0a2c

i know i can use a bowl over a pan but i want something purpose built for the job.

ideas ?

hope the vast collective knowledge of TSR can help me out here :D

it wont work if ally....crueset is the one you need...not many work on our rangemaster induction....i have learned to my cost

needs to be magntic

antdad said:
If it's for soap would an electric slow cooker do? They seem to get hot enough and pretty cheap.

yeah it is for soap,

i got a cheap slow cooker from tesco when it was on offer, i have some soap that went wrong last year so i am gonna try it with that, will see what happens.

You never struck me as the desert making type. Scoffing possibly. ;)

If it's too hot you could even use the slow cooker as a water bath, I've done that myself as a crude poach in the bag type cooker.

Get a big stainless steel bowl from Wilkinsons and plonk it on a big sauce pan. I haven't seen a Le cruzet but all those proper bain maries look a bit tiddly to me. I must dig out my Trangia and see if the hgripping handle would work to grip the bowl; if so, then I don't see any advantage in buying a proper one.

Back
Top Bottom