DONT USE SOAP

**Possible silly question alert**

I suspected that soaps and creams were pretty similar in origin so it is very useful to have Henk clarify the situation. OK, tallow is an ingredient of some very nice soaps such as Tabac. Some would say it is an essential ingredient. So are there any creams made using tallow? It's just that I don't seem to have heard of any. :?

Audiolab said:
Just checked and Cella is under soaps on Connaught, so soft soaps do have it. Maybe they are more soap then cream. Wierd...why no tallow creams, too thick for a cream???

Cella is a bit too stiff to be a cream. If your break a piece off it takes a bit of work to lather, so it's best to treet it like a soap.

I would put P.160 Duro & Valobra in the same soft soap category.

Audiolab said:
I thought some manufacturer's soap and cream are different formulas, or at least the ingredients are in different amounts. Palmolive and Erasmic are two where the soaps is good but the cream is definitely not the same, not sure about T&H though.

Yep. Some manufacturers have soaps and creams that have the same basic formula, some have different formulas.

Tallow:
Palmitic acid: 26 %
Stearic acid: 14 %
Myristic acid: 3 %
Oleic acid: 47 %
Palmitoleic acid: 3 %
Polyunsaturated fatty acids:
Linoleic acid: 3 %
Linolenic acid: 1 %

Palm:
Palmitic acide: 44%
Stearic acid: 5%
Myristic acid: 1%
Oleic: 39%
Linoleic: 10%

Henk,Thanks for the thorough explanation. While I have your attention can I ask about the whole idea of soap-free cleanser. What makes a soap a soap and does a cream contain that same ingredient(s) making it essentially a 'creamy soap'. Can there be a 'soap-free' shaving soap as some people have a sensitivity to soap in general?

guyhayton said:
pdmayhew said:
There are soda based creams, Floris is the only one I can think of off hand.
and it is rubbish! but as I know from having a daughter with coeliac disease, sometimes things are as good as you can get!

I really liked the formula & bought a good few tubes of the JF before it sold out.

I think people call them creams but in reality they are very soft soaps like p160,cella etc.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.olivia-seife.de/shop/herren/crema.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.olivia-seife.de/shop/herren/crema.html</a><!-- m -->

Back
Top Bottom