Does hair grow more slowly overnight?

I'm no Doctor but I do work in field were there a lot of doctors around. And you would be amazed at how much money is put in to drug trails, And the studies they perform they take place in two different ways- one when the volunteer is awake and the another while they sleep because while you are sleeping your body diverts all the energy into repairing damaged blood cells and just everyday body well-being.

So yes I do think its true that hair grows slower over night than during the day as you heart rate slows and the body funnels the energy in to other things hence why all trails are done in both areas one awake and one asleep.
I have a medical conference this weekend in Paris so if you like I can ask one of the doctors for you then you will have the medical truth

Hey, this may explain why my beard seems to grow quicker when I've been drinking.

You don't sleep as well or deeply when drunk.

So I guess I'll have to start drinking more! :twisted:

John

over5feet said:
I have a medical conference this weekend in Paris so if you like I can ask one of the doctors for you then you will have the medical truth
Thanks, if you have the time and opportunity it would be interesting to hear a medics view.

Actually it could feel like hair grows slower at night because we are awake longer than we are asleep. I will usually have a night shave at 10pm or later so when I wake up it will have been about 9 hours since I shaved. Not that long for a beard to erupt.

Back
Top Bottom