Do you spin?

It's only a basic one to start with, more for fun and to see how it goes. I've been looking at some sites with downloadable projects, nice and easy to start off with.

I hear you. Something tells me you're gonna have a lot of fun.
It's insane the stuff you can print - even, if one is to believe youtube, fully functioning firearms.

I've been watching the new TV series "Mars" and it's interesting how they are using a 3D printer as a vital part of their expedition to be able to create parts they need - instead of bringing a huge inventory with them.

We live in the future.

I hear you. Something tells me you're gonna have a lot of fun.
It's insane the stuff you can print - even, if one is to believe youtube, fully functioning firearms.

I've been watching the new TV series "Mars" and it's interesting how they are using a 3D printer as a vital part of their expedition to be able to create parts they need - instead of bringing a huge inventory with them.

We live in the future.

The future indeed. There's even spare parts for daily objects you can print, imagine that !

It comes with a roll of filament and I ordered and extra, but I'm thinking I'd best get another ordered.

Ok, I get there has been a lot of effort put into the design, the materials, and the time taken to assemble. But at roughly £200 Mrs K would loose the dogs on me if I were to purchase a piece of metal that spins on a table or between my fingers.

After the delivery of my Copper Stubby with Polished SS grips I think I will disengage from the Rotablade FB group and probably FB altogether as I was only on it to see what was happening in terms of Rotablade. I will still keep IG going as I quite like it and obviously the forums.

I asked Rotablade what the cost of the Superconductor Grips would come in at and was advised £55. They went up last night at £85 and were sold out in 5 mins. £30 more than was quoted. Not to take anything away from Rotablade or the owner and designer himself for his hard work and effort duly commendable for what has been done, but I wonder if this is the latest fad, and what the longevity will be before people get fed up and move on to something different. I feel it is going a bit crazy.

So taking the above into consideration I think I will be quitting whilst I am ahead. Unless of course @Northam Saint produces a 3D printer Spinner in which I will duly oblige him for his hard work and effort and buy some.

Ok, I get there has been a lot of effort put into the design, the materials, and the time taken to assemble. But at roughly £200 Mrs K would loose the dogs on me if I were to purchase a piece of metal that spins on a table or between my fingers.

After the delivery of my Copper Stubby with Polished SS grips I think I will disengage from the Rotablade FB group and probably FB altogether as I was only on it to see what was happening in terms of Rotablade. I will still keep IG going as I quite like it and obviously the forums.

I asked Rotablade what the cost of the Superconductor Grips would come in at and was advised £55. They went up last night at £85 and were sold out in 5 mins. £30 more than was quoted. Not to take anything away from Rotablade or the owner and designer himself for his hard work and effort duly commendable for what has been done, but I wonder if this is the latest fad, and what the longevity will be before people get fed up and move on to something different. I feel it is going a bit crazy.

So taking the above into consideration I think I will be quitting whilst I am ahead. Unless of course @Northam Saint produces a 3D printer Spinner in which I will duly oblige him for his hard work and effort and buy some.

Agree with most everything you said.
A devil's advocate argument;
"Many razors are £200 and we end up using them maybe for 15 mins on the day we shave with them and they perform a function that is solitary, in your bathroom - a spinner can be, technically, used throughout the entire day, carried with you, passed to friends, family and co-workers for them to explore. If one finds that 'spinning is for you' it can be argued that it's more sane to spend that money on a spinner than on a bathroom tool :)

I do however fully agree with you that prices and demands are crazy right now.
I think it's time, for sanity's sake, to find the one or two that you like and stick with that and not be swept up too much.

I'll still belong to the FB forums as I love the videos and photos :)

It's interesting here in SF. As noted earlier, in the very first post, I see a lot of people at bars fidgeting with these spinners - that is still very much true. The other day (well Tuesday) I was downtown and in line for a kebab. Spinning my Cierrecart spinner. The guy behind me asked which model I had. It has become as 'acceptable' here as cell phones.

I wonder what the next EDC craze will be... we've gone through trit lanterns, spinner, pens, knuckles, mini-knives and worry coins.
I don't know...

Last edited:
I do however fully agree with you that prices and demands are crazy right now.
I think it's time, for sanity's sake, to find the one or two that you like and stick with that and not be swept up too much.

Agreed, as I think you can be totally sucked in and go mental getting the latest model.

I enjoy spinning and looking forward to getting the Rotablade - can't wait in fact.

Will definitely purchase one from @Northam Saint as he is a member and probably more reasonably priced

Back
Top Bottom