Do you snipe?

Do you run sniping software on e-auctions.

• No never its wrong and shouldn't be allowed

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No I prefer to bid manually or can't see the point.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Yes but reluctantly.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Yes its great, alls fair in love, war and E-bay!

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
I'm with Hunny; a manual sniper. Inconvenient, but so satisfying when it works. However, I do usually go for buy it nows, as most of the stuff I buy is BIN, apart from when I'm buying stuff for my grandkids. God knows how many people have checked my feedback, and think I love computer games and wear New York Yankee hats.

I'm a manual sniper too - I don't see the point of driving the price up and up for days before. I have a max bid, I'll wait until the dying seconds and whack it in. If I lose, I lose - so be it. If I win - good.

Of course, at other times if I'm not that fussed, I'll decide on a max bid right at the start when no-one else has bid on an item & put that in. I then forget all about it until I either get the winning email or the outbid one.

Urban Hermit said:
Any recommended software add-on easy enough for 'non-techie-types that might be mathematically/technologically challenged' to be able to readily use?

... I thought auctions were about 'sniping' and I dislike the 'anti-sniping' option that I've seen in games, but not in real life.

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.gavelsnipe.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.gavelsnipe.com</a><!-- w -->

I have sniped and been sniped and i have no problems with it.

On occasion it does elicit a few choice words .. but only becuase i was neither smart or quick enough.

Fact remains for me that, there is a maximum price ill pay for something in my mind when i bid. Im not going to get into a bidding war with someone just to be bloody minded...
I snipe my maximum bid and if i get beat - Tough, it wasn't going to be mine anyway so no sense in brooding.

I used to use Auction Sentry but that started playing up on me, so i now just manually snipe or plonk down the max i want to pay at the latest time i can before the auction ends.

Swivel said:
What happens if two or three bidders are using the Snipe thingy?

Whoops i think that question has just been answered :lol:

..Nice "Avatar" Swivel ! Wouldn't mind betting one or two have reached out to flick it away since you launched it :lol:

spandex..

:shock: Just a word of warning fellas,if you download a ebay sniping tool via torrent sites be carefull as a lot of them have been modified to grab your ebay name and password.This aint bullshit as i found out. :evil:

Back
Top Bottom