do you remove the DE blade between shaves?

EJ advices to not store your DE razor loaded. i guess this is to avoid trapping moisture in the head wich may lead to earlier corrosion.
now as the noob i am i don't know what to do. it seems quite troublesome and even dangerous - what do you do with the loose blade?

so what do you guys do? does it make a difference at all? i guess the majority would just leave it in but i'm curious to hear from the more experienced lot.

If its a TTO I do like to loosen up the doors, if its a two or three piece razor I used to loosen it up until I forgot to check whether I'd loosened it or not. Do'h...that was a close shave.

No.

Insert blade, shave routine, rinse razor, shake razor. Pat dry handle and head, avoiding blade edge.

Chuck blade away generally after 4 days. Thoroughly clean razor with toothbrush and soap, rinse and rub completely dry.

Clash in a new blade and start again or change razor. Never store a dirty or loaded razor.

Bit of a faff but thet's the drill in wor hoos.

Blyth Spirit said:
No.

Insert blade, shave routine, rinse razor, shake razor. Pat dry handle and head, avoiding blade edge.

Chuck blade away generally after 4 days. Thoroughly clean razor with toothbrush and soap, rinse and rub completely dry.

Clash in a new blade and start again or change razor. Never store a dirty or loaded razor.

Same here, except for the cleaning. Do that irregularly, with cleaning vinegar and a tooth brush.

At the end of each shave, I take the razor apart, rinse and dry (It's a Chatsworth 3 part).I pop the blade on the toilet roll, turn it so both sides are dried off without using any friction. Replace and the razor looks like new. A few seconds each day. Will someone tell me I am damaging the blade?

Some people like to shine their shoes every day, or wash their car every Sunday.

Others are just too busy or can't be arsed.

When I shaved with a DE I was too busy to do anything other than shave - in fact, just changing the blade was such a faff that I used to do it once a week on a Sunday evening and if by Friday the shaves were getting rough I'd grab a Sensor or Mach3.

As with all things to do with morning routines - it's a case of horses for courses.

Fido said:
At the end of each shave, I take the razor apart, rinse and dry (It's a Chatsworth 3 part).I pop the blade on the toilet roll, turn it so both sides are dried off without using any friction. Replace and the razor looks like new. A few seconds each day. Will someone tell me I am damaging the blade?

Probably not, but I don't think it's necessary either.

I just leave the blade in until it's spent. I really don't like handling the things.

After 3 shaves with the same blade it does look pretty grotty tho' (I normally just rinse clean under the tap and give the razor a shake).

Back
Top Bottom