Do You Adjust Your Adjustable?

Well, I have now had 2 shaves with an Adjustable Slim that i bought about 6 months ago and have finally got around to using.

So I toddled over to B&B and checked out the 'gap' chart to try and find a good starting point and decided on 3 as this was allegedly comparable to my 34C. Second pass went with a 4, same as this morning, so probably going for 5 tomorrow. :)

The question is then, for those who use / have used adjustables: do you keep cranking up till you reach your tolerance and leave it there, or do you dial up and down depending on: shave direction/length of growth/time of month etc...?

I am just concerned that an Adjustable may not be the razor for someone with OCD :oops: :shock: :)

My standard adjustable patwa is to find one setting that will give you a SAS with a couple of passes, if you want something closer crank it up a couple of settings for another pass.

I only have one adjustable, a Futur. Once I found the sweet spot for my face/blade, I then to leave it there.

I did go through a phase of adjusting it for each pass, but it didn't really make things any better/worse.

Ian

Mostly set it on stun and leave it, it is the different passes that remove more hair than changing the adjuster, now and again I will dial it up on the second or third pass but mostly I just leave it set. I haven't used my slim in ages but from memory I think I found 4 worked best for me and the Futur was 3.5ish but I have went all the way up and just found I got more irritation, not a better shave.

My fatboy's the only adjustable I have. It moves fairly freely betweeen 2 and 9, I've never used it at 1 - I'd feel less manly I think.

I bought an adjustable so I'd have a razor I could play around with, not to find a favourite setting and leave it there.

My Futur is set to just under 2.

When I first bought it and became proficient with it I tried different settings and then settled for what was most comfortable - now it just lives at the same setting.

I may have a play around again at some point in the future, to see if the setting works best with different blade manufacturers.

Back
Top Bottom