Dishwasher + Razor???

The soaps tend to be quite harsh and temperature high so although I very much doubt there would be a problem I wouldn't try it out myself. The main question though is why would you want to?

Jeltz said:
The soaps tend to be quite harsh and temperature high so although I very much doubt there would be a problem I wouldn't try it out myself. The main question though is why would you want to?

To clean new set that have arrived. Currently in boiling water

The chemicals in the tablets do tend to be pretty caustic. Would almost certainly attack zinc/aluminium alloys, brass might be OK for a one off, but I wouldn't chance it. I go for 20 mins in the pressure cooker (just like an autoclave) after I've given it a thorough physical cleaning.

Quick question. I have thrown my day to day tech in the dishwasher a few times now with no ill effects. Its already a ruff little fella.

Im just giving it a little polish but i still finding that Im getting lots of black coming from the razor onto the cloth. Do you think Im taking the plate off or is this dirt????

Fat handled tech then, is it brass by any chance? When you clean brass you often get a black residue although I've only ever cleaned brass with brasso, not with a dishwasher! I imagine the tarnish dissolves / comes off just the same.

I take it that you're talking about a ball-end (because an Aluminium handled one won't be pretty after a bath of - typically very alkaline - DW tablets)...

Aren't a lot of ball end techs made of aluminium HM? I has got 2! I kind of thought that Alu ball end's were a pretty common razor.

Back
Top Bottom