Digestive Biscuits

Since they messed about with the recipe , I changed [ Shock Horror ] changed to Aldis.

I use unbuttered first thing in morning with Coffee.

I also use them buttered/unbuttered with all kinds of Cheese- ranging from Brie -Cheddar. On High Days & Holidays a pickled walnut may be added, accompanied by a drop of port. Never mind the Cholesterol.

Last edited:

Ok own up. Who put a penny in the septic [emoji23]

Now what we should be talking about are hobnobs. Now they are a biscuit!

Someone at work bought a box of Waitrose chocolate-topped shortbread last year. They were by a head and shoulders the best biscuits in the history of ever.

I remember seeing my old Dad, Bless him, make a digestive sandwich. Two digestives with a thick slab of best butter in between. He had it regularly. I'm more of a dunker and I don't mind losing half in a cup of strong black coffee. Nice at the end to fish out with a spoon.

My wife's family do this too, I'd never heard of it until I moved up here. I nearly dropped my brew when her mum asked if I wanted my biscuit buttered!

I used to like dunking biscuits until I stopped having sugar in tea, now the biscuit sweetens my brew and I don't like it.

I need a block of Lurpak to do that with.

To all the naysayers, home made cheesecake is digestive biccies and melted butter...delicious don't you think?