Derbys - really so bad?

I'm new to this DE business but I did my first couple of shaves with the Derby's that came with my EJ DE89 and really made a mess, I switched to Gillette 7 O'clock yellows and the difference was amazing! I have some Feathers ready to try when I have my technique working properly. Just glad I didn't order the 100 pack of Derby's when I purchased my DE89.

smartmove said:
I'm new to this DE business but I did my first couple of shaves with the Derby's that came with my EJ DE89 and really made a mess, I switched to Gillette 7 O'clock yellows and the difference was amazing! I have some Feathers ready to try when I have my technique working properly. Just glad I didn't order the 100 pack of Derby's when I purchased my DE89.

That was my progress too... :)

tritrek said:
After testing these blades in several Gillettes (Adjustables, SSs, Techs, ..) in a Merkur 38C and in an EJ DE89 I must say these blades are crap. IMHO. They haven't performed for me even as acceptable.
Talking exclusively about the first/second shave, I've always had the feeling I'm shaving with a 10x used Astra blade... utterly dull, feeling of discomfort, urge to push the razor on my face and irritation and bloodspots on my face afterwards.
Totally took the good feeling of shaving from me. I've had 2 5packs as samples/gifts, have used them all up and there's no power on earth to convince me to buy anymore.
So now Derby joined the dark side hand-in-hand with Jewels, Astras & Co.

Jewel? I remember them from years ago - 10p for 5. So Lazer are not bottom place after all. I used Jewel blades once back in the 1990s, and they were awful. But I found Derby are okay, but not my favourite.

Back
Top Bottom