Derby blades, are they as bad as all that?

Same as others started out with these,there not a bad blade but use feathers nearly all the time now..and tiger when in a rush and need a quick to go shave..

The fact that per pack of 10 they are aroundabout the same price as Red Personna, I'd go with Red Packs every time. They are both forgiving blades, neither are excessively sharp but for me the Red Packs just have that edge over the Derbys and they last longer too.

Used a Derby in my Futur to clean up after a straight shave, and I got a perfect shave as a result, which I think is more of a testament to the razor.

Never had any problems with them......In fact I have found them excellent with the slant. I will say though.....anyone with doubts.....revisit. I have retried blades which were rejected when I started in wet shaving and now they are just fine!

Brian

Ive used Derby blades the last 3 years not had a problem and i can count the bad blades on one hand really. (backed up on the horizontal print ones)
Im trying out Gillette 7'oclock yellows atm tho and find them just as good.

They were my first blades (in common with many others) and I soon saw the error of my ways.

However, I spend a lot of time in Spain so posted a parcel of Derbies and a English Gillette white handled Twist across as I didn't mind if they were lost in transit.

I have been using them this past week and have had some of the best shaves I have had in a while so go figure!

After my first positive experience with these it was with some trepidation I returned back to them tonight, but I needn't have worried, they gave me a DFS :D

As a recent to convert to DE shaving I've only used a couple of blades so far but I've been impressed with the Derby's. Had 3 cracking shaves with the Futur/Derby combo. However maybe it's the razor as I've read that the futur tends to make most blades feel pretty decent.

Suppose I'll be able to make a more informed judgement a few months down the line.

Just goes to show how different everyone is.

Derbys and Bics are the bluntest blades I've tried. Loads of tugging, just like using a cartridge razor. Irritation on my neck without fail.

I like Feathers. Blades are supposed to be sharp! :mrgreen:

John

Back
Top Bottom