Deep & Crisp & Even.

No, not snowed in. The roads here are gritted well enough, and we havent had enough snow for us to be stuck.
Some people on the side roads are stuck in though. The roads are ice and so are the pavements and the steep roads mean they cant go anywhere.
I spent an hour waiting for a bus with my GF today. The snow where she lives(just 12 miles north) was so thick that the buses were struggling to get into town. It didnt help that the roads hadnt had enough grit on, or even any grit at all.
Not sure how much we wil get overnight, i doubt it will be much though.

I'm in south Cheshire. It snowed most of last night, some of today, and most of tonight. I'd say we got about 4" for all of that. Now it's going to ice up.

25 miles north of me, heading into Manchester, it's bedlam apparently.

When half an inch hits London, then we'll know about it.

Blyth Spirit said:
The forecast looks bleak for Fido's neck of the woods...bbbrrrrrrrrr.

In saying that I've seen colder summers up here! I was in Newcastle this afternoon and I actually saw a bloke with a jacket on, I think he must've been from south of the Tyne.

;)

Now this is unusual - about an inch of snow during the night. Snow is rare on this part of the coast - something to do with the air currents in The Solent. But more is said to be on the way. Pity I left my cameras at my sisters house recently!

My Mum just phoned from near Fareham in Hampshire. They're snowed in. Apparently there is a blizzard going on (but she has been known to exaggerate). Her friend had to sleep at work last night because she couldn't get home.

I keep telling everyone it never snows in the New Forest. But this morning I decided I needed to leave the car at home to fetch the papers. Some may say this is overkill, but it's a safe way to travel.

Tractor.jpg

Back
Top Bottom