Decent point and press camera

I am looking for a decent compact camera. But it has to be fast as the problem I have with previous cameras they take to long to focus and shoot.
I am looking at the Lumix TZ20 as I don't want to lug my 450D around all the time esp when on holiday.
Any thoughts?

CMOT said:
I'm happy with my Canon S95. It's quick and shoots RAW which is a big plus. What is your budget ?

Around about £250.00, but that is looking at dicount stores.....i.e. I can pick up TZ20 for about £220.00 delivered. The main problem I find with point and press cameras is the delay when taking a pic. After having a DSLR I miss the immeadiate shots.

missingskin said:
I am looking for a decent compact camera. But it has to be fast as the problem I have with previous cameras they take to long to focus and shoot.
I am looking at the Lumix TZ20 as I don't want to lug my 450D around all the time esp when on holiday.
Any thoughts?

A good friend of mine, after much research, has decided to buy the same camera.
I've got an earlier Panasonic, FZ7, as a point and shoot and it's excellent.
I reckon that all the top brand compacts will be pretty decent though.
regards, beejay

I think Skin Glider might be onto something here If the price is right. The Panasonics in general have a great reputation but I really wanted RAW files as you get so much more flexibility in post processing.

I go along with the G9, that's as good as it gets when it comes to digital compacts, when I up graded my system, the worst move I ever made was selling my G7, what a camera.

Jamie

pugh-the-special-one said:
I go along with the G9, that's as good as it gets when it comes to digital compacts, when I up graded my system, the worst move I ever made was selling my G7, what a camera.

Jamie

The G9 seems to hold their price well as I looks like I am going to have to pay £150 for a s/h one. But just read a load more reviews on the TZ20 and the TZ18, both have loads of gadgets that I am not sure I would use. And neither shoot in RAW which is how I shoot with the 450D...................mmm now having a dilemma.......:dodgy::dodgy:
Are the G9's that good Jamie?

Skin Glider said:
I think you could get a G9 for £150
I paid £100 last time. I have 2 ! the wife loves hers .And has learnt to use manual settings etc
I have owned a G10 and G11 and they had nothing to offer over a G9
the G7's as mentioned are lovely but not as "modern" !

Been looking on the bay and they are fetching £199.00 ish, maybe have to look elsewhere. Any ideas?

CMOT said:
I'm happy with my Canon S95. It's quick and shoots RAW which is a big plus. What is your budget ?

Well after a lot of thought and reserch I have purchased a used Boxed Mint(?) Canon S90 with Extra Canon Battery, Canon Case and SD Card for under £200.00.
So I hope I have made a good decision.......:icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes:

I think you'll love it. Very much a photographer's camera. More pocketable than the G series and only very minor changes between the S90 and the S95 like video spec and such so it looks like a good deal to me.

Well it arrived today and but for the slight scratch on the screen (which I knew about and wll polish out ) it is is mint. I looked at the 2 cameras side by side and each has it's strengths/weaknesses and I think the S90 will do what I want it too. Plus the price was right, just got to read the manual to see how it all works.........:icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes:.

Back
Top Bottom