DE shaves and kit in Swindon.

Hello every body just joined.
I'm based in Swindon, I noticed in Manchester road that there are 2 Turkish barbers offering shaves has anyone here tried them Yes I know its a long shot.

Also in the same street there is a turkish supermarket selling Arko shaving soap, cream and treet razor blades and the lemon cologne they use in most of the barbers shops out in Turkey if you need supplys the asian parts of town are a good place to look.

Very welcome BDave. As you've already demonstrated we're all pretty much up for offering comments (good or bad) as to suppliers we've found or dealt with. Mind you, that may all change once we institute statutory controls with our Official Greeters & Stewards.

I expect you'll get a PM with the "newcomer's handshake" and expected standards of gentlemanly conduct anyday soon. ;)

JohnnyO.

Nice avatar Big Dave!

Are we related?
;)

Big.Dave said:
I'm based in Swindon, I noticed in Manchester road that there are 2 Turkish barbers offering shaves has anyone here tried them Yes I know its a long shot.

Also in the same street there is a turkish supermarket selling Arko shaving soap, cream and treet razor blades and the lemon cologne they use in most of the barbers shops out in Turkey if you need supplys the asian parts of town are a good place to look.

JohnnyO said:
Very welcome BDave. As you've already demonstrated we're all pretty much up for offering comments (good or bad) as to suppliers we've found or dealt with. Mind you, that may all change once we institute statutory controls with our Official Greeters & Stewards.

I expect you'll get a PM with the "newcomer's handshake" and expected standards of gentlemanly conduct anyday soon. ;)

JohnnyO.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: As long as we are not allowed to share infomation on shaving we'll be fine it'll be just like a British version of B&B ;-p

And Cheers for the welcome chaps.

Welcome Dave. Just joined myself a little while back after getting a bit fed up of the US-ness (is that a word?) of B&B, too much guns and bullshit for my tastes. Seems like a good bunch over here.

Big.Dave said:

Hello and welcome Dave, another Swindonian here.

I've never tried the Turkish barbers but I've been past them a couple of times. However I've never spotted the supermarket that sells Arko, I'll have to go and look for it! :hungrig

Pete said:
Big.Dave said:

Hello and welcome Dave, another Swindonian here.

I've never tried the Turkish barbers but I've been past them a couple of times. However I've never spotted the supermarket that sells Arko, I'll have to go and look for it! :hungrig

That the shop is called Istanbul market I think the shave stuff is right at the back of the shop on the left thers's Arko shave cream I think its commando, Arko soap sticks £1.39 and EVIN Limon Kolonyasi 80% (lemon cologne to you and me) boxed £2.49 the Treet blades are behind the counter you have to ask for them I think they were 70p for 10 Bargin!!! also Lewis shaves the spit and saw dust looking barber the guy in there said a shave was £5.

Big.Dave said:
That the shop is called Istanbul market I think the shave stuff is right at the back of the shop on the left thers's Arko shave cream I think its commando, Arko soap sticks £1.39 and EVIN Limon Kolonyasi 80% (lemon cologne to you and me) boxed £2.49 the Treet blades are behind the counter you have to ask for them I think they were 70p for 10 Bargin!!! also Lewis shaves the spit and saw dust looking barber the guy in there said a shave was £5.

Thanks Dave, I'll definitely have a look next time I'm in town. There's some good shops to visit nearby, like Hungerford, Cirencester and Bath, but not much in Swindon. Let us know if you decide to go for the Turkish shave.

Pete said:
Thanks Dave, I'll definitely have a look next time I'm in town. There's some good shops to visit nearby, like Hungerford, Cirencester and Bath, but not much in Swindon. Let us know if you decide to go for the Turkish shave.

Pete: Where's good to in Bath, I know Hales Chemist in Laura Place sells some stuff but not really had a look round. I tend not to head into the City without good reason.

Jeltz said:
Pete: Where's good to in Bath, I know Hales Chemist in Laura Place sells some stuff but not really had a look round. I tend not to head into the City without good reason.

Have a look at Lifestyle pharmacy in New Bond St. Downstairs they have a great selection, Trumpers, Dovo, Merkur, Kent, Simpsons, Tabac etc. in fact so many I can't remember them all.

Up in Cirencester is Horton Chemists with Trumpers, Penhaligons, Floris etc and in Hungerford is The Gentleman's Shop which I'm sure we all know about.

Back
Top Bottom