DE Razor Replating

Hello everyone, I'm Paul. I just joined the site today after seeing it mentioned on a You Tube video I happened across last night and thought I'd check it out. Firstly, I was just browsing the forums and didn't realise Jay was also a member. Secondly, I am the owner of the case Jay restored! My much anticipated case arrived yesterday, only a day and a half after it was posted back to me and I have to say the photos posted really don't do justice to just how well the case looks.

The plating on the exterior and the blade holder is amazing and I dont even know how Jay went about fixing the case interior. Only I sent Jay this case myself I would swear he somehow transported back to the 30's and 40's and bought the case. It looks like new!!

What now for this case of mine? - Well I was able to pick up a 430030 from ebay which I think I will also get re-plated to sit in the case and it will then sit proudly in my collection for a few years before being given to my son as a coming of age gift. Thanks for all your hard work and effort Jay

WOW WOW WOW, incredible restore...

Hi guys,

As posted previously I'm off this week on a cruise, but thought I would make a quick post as I have signal for a bit !

I will be switching the website back on when I get back on Saturday in case anyone has anything that needs doing.

If anyone has any 2-3 part razors I would be really interested in working on them as I just fancy working on a few of those for a change ! Techs or 'New' step to the front of the queue ! Even though the website isn't accepting payments until I'm back please feel free to post pics on here of anything that you're needing restoring - or you can send me a contact on the website with an enquiry or pic.

Have a great week,

Jay

Hope you get many good years of use from your new toy Jay. I for one am the lucky recipient of your work and have another case already earmarked for a Jay Make Over. I have no doubt that this new machine will get plenty of use over the years.
Paul