Darts

Hi all,

Anyone watching the Premier League darts this year? Thoughts and feelings?

I'm a big darts fan and try and watch anything that is on. But I am really struggling keeping any interest in the Premier League in this format. I just find it tedious, and I know that generally the premier league is always the same faces bar the 'contender' years, but I am falling out of love with this format!

Give me the seniors darts any day of the week!

Used to love darts, lost interest in the telly around the time they stopped saying Jockey on the oche. The death knell was when all the pubs got all family friendly and took all the dartboards out, replaced by massive tellies with football on the wall and dining tables where the oche used to be. I still have my Harrows arrows though, but when I recently played against a fella in a pub that still has a board, I realised how out of practice I am! Was still fun to play again over a pint, but the pub is just too far. Plus the thrashing I received didn't inspire confidence, although in my defence he is their top team player...

It’s murder to find a pub with a board now! The only one local to me with a board is at the wrong height, wrong oche length, and in a really crap position.

I went to a place which was quoted as having a dartboard- turned out to be this weird SmartBoard set up thing with no board markings and electronic scoring. It would only recognised the darts the venue provided. My darts weren’t picked up at all and their darts were bloody terrible brass darts which didn’t even match.

Used to like going to the Riley’s near me but it’s not really that near and even there the boards had had it.

Got a set up in the garage but I’ve unfortunately filled the garage with stuff and can’t play on it…

Absolutely no shame in losing to a regular player. When I was decent, before I went through dartitis I used to hate losing, but I’m just happy if I can throw the dart now, win or lose I just enjoy playing.

Can’t beat a bit of the darts, some cracking players around at the moment. And more and more new players breaking through. The standard is incredible these days!

And always nice to see the PDC dancers…..

Back
Top Bottom