Daily View

I'm lucky in that my office looks on to the garden which is host to a vast array of birdlife.
I saw these for the first time a couple of days ago and again this morning so grabbed the camera and took these, poor pics, but they do show what a colourful and beautiful bird the
Bullfinch is, male & female together.
They left only to be replaced by a few of the dozen or so Goldfinches that have been with us for a few years now.
We get most of the finches, tits, usual robin, wren, blackbird, thrushes. Jackdaws, Magpies, woodpigeons, collar doves, woodpeckers (green and Lesser spotted) plus our resident squirrels so the feed bill is quite high! but our reward is a garden that's full of activity throughout the day and the birdsongs are really something.
regards, beejay[attachment=2][attachment=0][attachment=1]

Attachments

• P1020688.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 102
Real missed opportunity there from PC. We do get a few rare birds in the garden as we back onto protected woodland on one side. I though it would be nice to feed them and put up feeders the squirrels destroyed every one of the three types I tried and eat all the nuts.

antdad said:
Stop twitching and get on with my brushes. ;) :D

Sorry for the delay antdad. I should be able to start on them shortly, but don't you want to reconsider the loft? Could be a touch floppy.[attachment=0]
regards, beejay :)

beejay said:
Sorry for the delay antdad. I should be able to start on them shortly, but don't you want to reconsider the loft? Could be a touch floppy.

mmmm....how about gluing the knot during rigor mortis? ;)

Rev-O said:
Pigcat! Tits, birds, nuts etc.

Yep, too late and now I've missed the opportunity. :roll: But seriously, we get a lot of wildlife in our garden and it's important to be aware that all those feathered friends are in danger from cats. With all those birds you're bound to get some pussy. :eek:

hunnymonster said:
That's exactly why we have a greyhound... the birds aren't daft, they know he's not after them. The cats on the other hand have been seen leaving the garden, clearing the 8ft high fence by a considerable amount :mrgreen:

:lol: I like cats but they chase the birds and crap in my garden. The woman two doors down has seven! :shock:

Pig Cat said:
hunnymonster said:
That's exactly why we have a greyhound... the birds aren't daft, they know he's not after them. The cats on the other hand have been seen leaving the garden, clearing the 8ft high fence by a considerable amount :mrgreen:

:lol: I like cats but they chase the birds and crap in my garden. The woman two doors down has seven! :shock:

"They chase the crap in your garden?"

Does the woman seven doors down have two?

Pig Cat said:

I despise cats for that reason and have been known to return the shite left behind by neighbours' cats - by flicking it off the shovel over the fence. If they happen to be out having a barbecue then so be it.

I did warn them the first time I detected their cat shitting on my lawn that either I'd shit on theirs or return their cat's shit aerially. They chose to have the cat shit back.

Back
Top Bottom