D R Harris Sandalwood Aftershave

Just a quick line in praise of Harris Sandalwood Aftershave. I had a sample of this from Paul at Connaught and have now ordered a bottle from him. It burns but in a nice, pleasant way. Very pleasing. Odd really because I understand that it contains quite a lot of alcohol. After applying, my fizog is left calm and moisturised with a heavenly scent which is long lasting. If you like sandalwood give this one a go. It has now moved up to number 1 in my aftershave rotation.

Sounds nice. Could you perhaps describe the scent a little more? Is it a sweet or dry sandalwood? Any comparisons? (I'm familiar with TOBS and Trumper sandalwoods).

Frederick said:
Sounds nice. Could you perhaps describe the scent a little more? Is it a sweet or dry sandalwood? Any comparisons? (I'm familiar with TOBS and Trumper sandalwoods).

It's the first sandalwood I've tried Frederick so I have nothing to compare it with. To me it has a sweet and (as to be expected) woody smell which lingers for a long time. This, along with its skin care properties make it a good all-rounder.

It's a really nice Sandalwood, one of my favourite Sandalwood scents. It is a little spicy going on but tones down to a deep woody scent. Buy a sample from closeshave if you aren't sure it is expensive to buy it and not like it...well then you can sell it to me.. :lol:

It's interesting how we all get something a little different from this wonderful A/S. To me it starts with a little aniseed, slightly sweet, dries down quite quickly to a dry woody, yet deep fresh incense that lingers for some time. Yes it warms the skin but very quickly settles down, adding IMO a softness to the skin. Number One splash until the warmer weather teases the Arlington out of hibernation.

Zigzag: Does the Arlington have similar longevity and skin caring qualities? The sandalwood is the only Harris aftershave I have tried but if they all behave like that it won't be the last.

Arlington has nowhere near the staying power of the sandalwood, though it must be said that the sandalwood is in a league of its own compared to other D R H A/S for staying power. The Arlington has menthol and is just as nice on the skin, so if you want more staying power finish off with the cologne. Personally I don't like a scent to be with me all day long so I quite like the scent to gradually disappear that's why I use the sandalwood as more of a cologne than an A/S. Harris produce A/S and Colognes that do their job IMO, though now and again you find something like D R Harris Sandalwood.

I think zigzag has nailed it, it's also a favourite of mine but we all have different skin and "staying power" can vary greatly. I don't want to say this AS is moisturising but whatever oils they put in it work for me very well.

If you wan't a serious woody hit, Marlborough is another consideration.

I'll add my support to the D.R. Harris Sandelwood AS too. I recently received some samples from Paul and I'm just about to buy a proper bottle. It's now lunchtime and I can still smell the AS [quite faintly] even though I used it at 7am.

Back
Top Bottom