czech & speake samples

ive just ordered a sample set from czech and speake, £2.50 seems pretty reasonable to check them out. im really wanting to try out c &s 88, im hoping that ill like it. im also interested in trying a few of their others, oxford and cambridge and dark rose sound worth a sniff. has anyone got a favourite in the czech and speake line up?

isaiah53 said:
ive just ordered a sample set from czech and speake, £2.50 seems pretty reasonable to check them out. im really wanting to try out c &s 88, im hoping that ill like it. im also interested in trying a few of their others, oxford and cambridge and dark rose sound worth a sniff. has anyone got a favourite in the czech and speake line up?

I got those also - really liked the 88 - will look to get at some point down the line. Also like the neroli but have read that its a little weak and does not last long, so for the price I would maybe give it a miss and go for a TF neroli

Hodda said:
isaiah53 said:

I got those also - really liked the 88 - will look to get at some point down the line. Also like the neroli but have read that its a little weak and does not last long, so for the price I would maybe give it a miss and go for a TF neroli

My favourite is Paradisi and I think I speak for a lot of people when I say Mimosa is absolutely awful

isaiah53 said:
ive just ordered a sample set from czech and speake. has anyone got a favourite in the czech and speake line up?

I have a few of the #88 travel shaving soaps left after using up one already. Kind of a fragrance that attracts/repels me, but overall I sorta like it. The soap is quite good, with a medium strength scent that's noticeable during the shave.

Martin

dodgy said:
I have a few of the #88 travel shaving soaps left after using up one already. Kind of a fragrance that attracts/repels me, but overall I sorta like it. The soap is quite good, with a medium strength scent that's noticeable during the shave.

Martin

a glowing review :D i do seem to be drawn to those attract/repel scents though. cuba sounds a strange one too, and im looking forward to trying that as well.

Northam Saint said:
i have the Frankincense and Myrrh, very nice but more of a winter scent. Worse one of their range for me is Cuba.

I was about to post exactly the same thing! I also have F&M and couldn't stick Cuba.

Don't tell anyone, but I also like Dark Rose (shhh! I pretend it's for my daughters)

Didn't like rise. Even bought a soap and sold it here. Was a great performer but the scent was repulsive to me. This is coming from a Tabac lover so strength was not the issue.

The sample colognes are ok liked f&m and paradise. Nice to try them the pack is good value.

I got the same sample set, I kinda agree with Isaiah53 about Cuba it dried and settled down to something quite nice but the initial blast had a definite whiff of sh?t about it. As for my favourites, 88 and Oxford and Cambridge are clear winners for me with a bottle of the later definately on the horizon soon, with the 88 close on its heals. But I am going through a bit of a love affair with lavender at the moment.
I didn't try the two rose scents, I thought they might be a little too feminine, so they went to my 6 year old who loves samples and thinks she's a grown up when she puts them on!

isaiah53 said:
a glowing review :D i do seem to be drawn to those attract/repel scents though. cuba sounds a strange one too, and im looking forward to trying that as well.

Well, the #88 soap is so good that the fragrance takes second billing. I doubt if I would wear the EdT, but it's a nice scent to catch whiffs of during the shave.

Recently I tried some shaving cream called XPEC and it definitely reminded me scentwise of the C&S #88. The XPEC is another product where the excellent performance outweighs the scent (at least to me).

dodgy said:
isaiah53 said:

Well, the #88 soap is so good that the fragrance takes second billing. I doubt if I would wear the EdT, but it's a nice scent to catch whiffs of during the shave.

Recently I tried some shaving cream called XPEC and it definitely reminded me scentwise of the C&S #88. The XPEC is another product where the excellent performance outweighs the scent (at least to me).

Hi, how does it compare to the C&S? I never thought I would be saying this but the C&S is cheaper! (Unless you add the fancy dish then that adds £74 to the cost).

Sm304 said:

Hi, how does it compare to the C&S? I never thought I would be saying this but the C&S is cheaper! (Unless you add the fancy dish then that adds £74 to the cost).
[/quote]

The C&S is excellent. The XPEC is excellent. For me, the price on both puts me off too much for a purchase. If the scent was amazing to my nose then yes, I would carefully consider pulling the trigger on either one I guess. The XPEC cream performed more like a top soap, which is saying something.

If you like the way the #88 smells, I would bet you'd like the XPEC. Carl was gracious enough to send me out a three shave monkey remover a while back, which is how the XPEC came to me. Cheapest for an eight ounce tub with shipping that I found was almost $80.

Got the C&S soaps on some amazing less than half price sale.........like $15 shipped for the small three pack. Now that is a price I would gladly pay, but their normal retail can get pretty nuts.

Thanks Dodgy, I might just get me some of those after that little review, I think it's £18 ($26ish) for the 3 travel soaps or £21 ($31ish) for the larger soap, but they can keep their fancy tin!

Sm304 said:
Thanks Dodgy, I might just get me some of those after that little review, I think it's £18 ($26ish) for the 3 travel soaps or £21 ($31ish) for the larger soap, but they can keep their fancy tin!

You will find those small hard soaps will provide quite a few shaves if that's what you decide on.

Cuba is my fave. FYI i got a bottle of ASL then got some samples at a later date. The Cuba sample was not the same as the bottle. It was my missus who noticed it first....[/i]

I've only tried the 88 and Oxford & Cambridge and I preferred the O&C. I still have some of the sample left which I use sparingly. Don't think I would fork out for a bottle but could be tempted to buy the shaving soap at some point.

Back
Top Bottom