Cyprus - Paphos

Well fellas, heading out to Cyprus to get burnt to a cinder next week with my beloved semi-extended family.

10 of us in total.

Seeing as I am probably going to get pissed off with SWMBO or some other family members during out 10 day stay, I shall be going on the hunt for shaving related goodies.

So some questions,

Can anyone point me to anything they have seen there before?

Excuse my ignorance but is Paphos Greek-Cypriot or Turkish-Cypriot?

If I find anything, is there anyone who would like some goodies (within reason)?

Andy

It's euros right across the whole country now HM.

Everyone on the island is Cypriot but there are those of Turkish descent and those of Greek descent and they hate each other good and proper.

Only reason I was wondering was that if it was Turkish im more likely to find shaving related goodies.

andyjreid said:
Well fellas, heading out to Cyprus to get burnt to a cinder next week with my beloved semi-extended family.

10 of us in total.

Seeing as I am probably going to get pissed off with SWMBO or some other family members during out 10 day stay, I shall be going on the hunt for shaving related goodies.

So some questions,

Can anyone point me to anything they have seen there before?

Excuse my ignorance but is Paphos Greek-Cypriot or Turkish-Cypriot?

If I find anything, is there anyone who would like some goodies (within reason)?

Andy

Lived in Cyprus (Limassol) from 1988 - 1998 loved it, Paphos is South of the island (greek side)

Parents lived there until 2008, you won't find anything you wont get here, i do remember there being stuff like tabac and Pino silvestre etc
what you will find in paphos old town (same as limassol) is Antique (Junk / thrift/ bits n bobs shops), run by old cypriot men, always remember lots of them so might find Razors, also remember alot of my cypriot mates fathers & grandfathers that live in the villages still use soap brush and DE Razors as remeber seing it in the Bathroom shelves along with Lemon cologne and thinking it was old fashioned....

The thought of a pale blue Scotsman arriving in a roasting hot country like Cyprus is just fearsome!

Good job we've had some good weather lately. It's given you chance to get white before you go! :lol:

Ian

IanM said:
The thought of a pale blue Scotsman arriving in a roasting hot country like Cyprus is just fearsome!

Good job we've had some good weather lately. It's given you chance to get white before you go! :lol:

Ian

The funniest thing about what you said there Ian is that it is true I can see the "colour" in my face and arms. My face and arms are a sore of skin/flesh tone. The rest of me is what is known as "Scottish blue"

Back
Top Bottom