Custom Razors

hm.. I forgot about this. But is hasnt been shipped yet.

So waht is my best course of action...?

When Bob posts it to me, get him to mark it as GIFT in a very visible area..?

Any advice would be good here, and I can pass it on to him.

Cheers

Marking it as a gift in theory doubles the allowable amount, however such gifts are supposed to be "of an occasional nature" (in this case "occasional" means birthday, Christmas, wedding anniversary, etc) and HMRC are the hidden security service. They have far more wide reaching powers than (say) the police...

It really is the chance you take, I ask the buyer what value he wants on it but to be mindful of both import and insurance implications. I have been stung once for import duty. It wasn't marked as a gift but that's the gamble, as HM said it the declared value that sparks the interest.

JaseB said:
hm.. I forgot about this. But is hasnt been shipped yet.

So waht is my best course of action...?

When Bob posts it to me, get him to mark it as GIFT in a very visible area..?

Any advice would be good here, and I can pass it on to him.

Cheers

Marking it as a "Commercial sample" might be a better bet... after all, Bob is selling them and it's a sample of his work... not 100% certain what the deal is with duty on samples though? Call local HMRC office (number is in the phone book) and ask them perhaps?

Just got a message from Bob about this - he always undervalues, so I have left it to him how to approach it, as it seems he knows what the score is. WIll keep you posted ( no pun intended!! :lol: )

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://ikonrazors.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3&zenid=uojo2sc05sicgt4u9bke0ofl55" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ikonrazors.com/shopping/index.ph ... 9bke0ofl55</a><!-- m -->

Well, it arrived in the post today. I knew it would be heavy, but wow, does it have some weight to it when its in ya hand. Cannot post photos, no digital camera in house. Sorry, I know we all like to see pictures, but it is exactly like the original bull mastiff on bob's site.

Fits the EJ head perfectly - appears to be a slightly different colour plate that than on the EJ head. Kind of makes it look 2 tone ( dare I say I now have a 2 band razor - is that my taxi I hear.... :lol: )

It took just over a week to come from the US - no customs issues :)

If you like/want/ thinking about custom handles, I would highly recommend checking out his site and dropping him an email. Really good service, and good communications from emails.

Back
Top Bottom