Cross Ink

Well for what I paid for it... it's ok - but I wouldn't be going out of my way to exchange folding money for it....

Beginning to wonder if all mainstream inks are relatively slow drying? Sheaffer Skrip also seems to take about 5 seconds to become unsmudgeable.

After trying many inks I now use mainly Diamine Inks (blues and black) as they dry quickly and a good solid colours. I think the only other one I have is Pelikan 4001. I use a 1930's Vacumatic pen a lot and it can be fussy about inks..........strange it does not like Parker Quink inks.........))

missingskin said:
After trying many inks I now use mainly Diamine Inks (blues and black) as they dry quickly and a good solid colours. I think the only other one I have is Pelikan 4001. I use a 1930's Vacumatic pen a lot and it can be fussy about inks..........strange it does not like Parker Quink inks.........))

I use diamine in my Dialog 3, I'm left-handed and need ink to dry before I effectively try to smudge it with my hand as I pass over it, lamy ink is quite good but not AS good and only limited colours in comparison to the 85 odd diamine now do.

Would you recommend the vacumatic - they look wonderful.

barlines said:
missingskin said:

I use diamine in my Dialog 3, I'm left-handed and need ink to dry before I effectively try to smudge it with my hand as I pass over it, lamy ink is quite good but not AS good and only limited colours in comparison to the 85 odd diamine now do.

Would you recommend the vacumatic - they look wonderful.

Get a good one or have it reconditioned by a decent restorer and for me it is the best pen I have ever owned. A nice flexible gold nib gives you good control and smooth lines. I sold all my other pens and kept this one. At 70 (ish) years old it still performs very well. And stunning to look at as well.

i have cross blue and black as well as a range of diamine inks.

the cross stuff is good ink, its re-branded pelikan iirc

best rgeards
steve

Back
Top Bottom