Connaught Lavender

Last night I set about a generously sized glass sample jar (much bigger than Trumper's samples) of Connaught's Lavender cream with my new Omega Bristle from Paul - aided and abetted by my trusty companion, the wonderful Futur.

The cream's scent in the jar was mild. Out of the jar and on my chops, it was just as restrained, which is a shame because I prefer stronger-smelling products - it adds to the whole experience. Nevertheless, a pleasant fragrance. (In contrast, my Connaught Lime sample smells mouthwatering :hungrig )

Bowl lathering was a relatively easy affair, though I noticed that the lion's share of lather was going into my Omega (maybe it being a new brush has something to do with this?). With my TOBS Rose, in comparison, there seems to be more lather created in the bowl itself. That said, it was a good quality lather with a nice silky consistency. Very nice indeed.

The following 3-pass shave was excellent, although I did have to whip up a bit more lather for the third pass, which I did directly on my face and neck.

In conclusion, a thoroughly good cream that, to my sniffer, could do with a stronger scent.

Edit 2/11/09: Tried the Lime cream from the Connaught range last night, but using a Vulfix Pure Badger. Jumping Jack Flash! My lather bowl ranneth over with oodles of the good stuff incredibly quickly. Mind you, I used half a walnut-sized gob of cream instead of the conventional almond size. (What's the big deal with almonds anyway? Is it a weights and measures thing?) Good cream - good shave.

I have tried 2 lavender creams, Taylor and Harris. The Taylor is very strong, a real lavender hit, like sticking your face in a bowl of lavender essential oil. The Harris is much more conservative.

Ian

slimjim5751 said:
Nice review i am thinking of trying the lavender myself.

Thanks, SlimJim. If you're interested, there's enough left in the sample jar for a few shaves. So if you want to give it a whirl before buying, PM me your details.

IanM said:
I have tried 2 lavender creams, Taylor and Harris. The Taylor is very strong, a real lavender hit, like sticking your face in a bowl of lavender essential oil. The Harris is much more conservative.

Ian

Ian, is the Harris very mild, then? And is the Taylor's a 'straight' lavender, ie no other EOs save lavender? Sounds interesting, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom