Congratulations Spandex, it's twins!

Pig Cat said:
Pig Cat said:
Lovely brushes Neo! Used mine this morning btw. Are you going to start doing wooden electric razors soon? ;)

OK, that doesn't make sense does it? I was getting Neo mixed up with Npinn who said he was going to shave mainly with an electric. OK, back to Spandex's beautiful twins... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Hi Pig Cat!

Do I understand you correctly? some member has told you he will be shaving with an electric.. oh no, it's ok, I think I misunderstood!! Fusion type/NOT Philishave.. I'm tired now, think I'll go to bed. If anyone is still here ..G'night

spandex.. :)

Where's that smiley for "most de-railed thread ever" gone?

:lol:

If only we had something like, well, I don't know maybe stewards to stop this sort of thing from happening... that would make this a much friendly and more gentlemanly site...

neocaligatio said:

If only we had something like, well, I don't know maybe stewards to stop this sort of thing from happening... that would make this a much friendly and more gentlemanly site...
original-post-thread-direction-18.gif

spandexcodpiece said:
Who's a lucky boy then! me,me,me ! Aren't those two babies handsome ! :) :D :hungrig :shave

You're going to enjoy boar my friend. I've 3 knots. It's shedder no question but it's given due to its density. You'll find it to be more exfoliating than any brush. I reckon if one would to compare it against VDH brush they are similar. Truth be told I believe the VDH is 23-24 knot as well and shedder to boot.

neocaligatio said:

..but that's one of the things I love about this forum, the freedom, kinda wild ain't it ? Thanks to Boab & the mods. God bless you gentlemen-our Rebel leaders! :D

Remember and enjoy the fun and good times we all have on here fellow forum members, believe me, it's very unique. Just keep in mind though, that nothing lasts for ever - not even certain stashes that I've seen recently! :shock: Good grief I have just realized I am coming very close to being maudlin - I'm off......
:D

SiR-ed8 said:
spandexcodpiece said:
Who's a lucky boy then! me,me,me ! Aren't those two babies handsome ! :) :D :hungrig :shave

You're going to enjoy boar my friend. I've 3 knots. It's shedder no question but it's given due to its density. You'll find it to be more exfoliating than any brush. I reckon if one would to compare it against VDH brush they are similar. Truth be told I believe the VDH is 23-24 knot as well and shedder to boot.

Hi Ivan!

Yes, it will my first "Full Boar", as it were, and I am expecting a very different experience from my Badgers.. :)

Spandex,

That's awesome! I hope you enjoy your first boar and many more! You must excuse me upon seeing the marvelous work of Neo I immediately presumed the knots from from The Golden Nib ( TGN ) if it's not I apologize cause those are knots I spoke of.

BTW if you do decide to get more boar knots try out the 20 mm banded ( 18.5 actual ). I have yet to try the 22 cream knot but my buddy's been busy to make handle for it. Anyway you'll find that the 20 banded knot is nice. It's actually denser than Vulfix knots we've come to know and love. You just have to trial and error as far as loft height. Generally speaking people fancy no larger than 60 loft and is set at around 55 mm thereabouts as the knot itself is 67 mm by default. Also Omega has theirs set at 44-55 with sizes 18-26. I don't have any of larger knots and am going based on ones I have.

Here is breakdown
18 knot
45, 46

21 knot
47, 48

23 knot
48, 50, 55, 57

24 knot

25 knot

26 knot

Ivan,

It is indeed a 24mm golden nib knot - i've also got a couple of Omega knots in stock in both banded and cream, but no one much seems to want them!

Chris

neocaligatio said:
Ivan,

It is indeed a 24mm golden nib knot - i've also got a couple of Omega knots in stock in both banded and cream, but no one much seems to want them!

Chris

Chris,

Thank you for confirming. I didn't want to assume and to assume is to make an ass out of yourself ;)

What size knots do you fancy most?

I can't speak for 27 I reckon the 22 is very much like 21 and 24 knotted brushes I have and overall they have performed very well. I didn't have chance to ask Tony but what you think the base plug Omega is made out of plastic or PVC of some kind?

The Vulfix plugs are interesting for even Tony hadn't idea as to what they were. When buddy sent handle out to me I had to sand the plug roughing it to make it even not to mention make Loctite adhere to it better. Did you find yourself doing same thing as far as sanding plug goes? Thanks

The Omega knots seem to be set in PVC - I use a two-part epoxy in a generous quantity and don't normally have to sand the plugs. That said I did have a boar from Tony a while back that had a lump of resin stuck on the side, so that had to be worked on to smooth down.

neocaligatio said:
Ivan,

Chris

... oh! If only I had been born as financially rich as I was born rich in eccentiricity and individuality.
¬.¬

Back
Top Bottom