Confirm ID & Valuation Britich Aristo #19

Do you think that's realistic, the Guys @ B&B put a (IMHO looking at past sales) low value of $110.

I've only seen one other sell anywhere (after pretty extensive searching) and it went for $198

BlkKnight said:
Do you think that's realistic, the Guys @ B&B put a (IMHO looking at past sales) low value of $110.

I've only seen one other sell anywhere (after pretty extensive searching) and it went for $198

The boys over at B&B don't take too kindly to profiteering so if you want top dollar photograph it well and stick it on Ebay.

antdad said:
BlkKnight said:

The boys over at B&B don't take too kindly to profiteering so if you want top dollar photograph it well and stick it on Ebay.

Yup, if you could get someone on B&B to sell you something (outside of Conus), there were some good bargains to be had, but quid quo pro - they would expect mates rates in return. Which is fair do's in my book, any sign of blatant profiteering would be seriously frowned upon :|

BlkKnight said:

You will only get that, or maybe more on evil bay...Assuming it scrubs up like it looks like it could.

B&B don't take too kindly to profiteering
My understanding of this is if you were to buy on B&B at mates rates - then resell on eBay for a profit. Does it also apply to the opposite? Bit unfair if that's the case.

How does this forum stand on profiteering?

Anyway. . . I've cleaned it up and it's near mint, there's a small bit of lacquer tarnish on one silo door, but that's about it.

I'll bung it on t'Bay tomorrow time permitting - I've got an ultrasound cleaner to pay for :)

Thanks for your help

You're never going to get the same sort of high prices on forums that you might raise on ebay, but then again you don't have the ebay fees to contend with.

BlkKnight said:
How does this forum stand on profiteering?

For me I don't have a problem with buying/selling things for the going rate, but looking to make a quick turn around in profit on the BST isn't really likely to work I don't think. Most people probably have a price in mind that they would pay for something and won't go above it. Whereas it's easy for people to get caught up in a bidding war on ebay. I do think the prices of vintage razors is going up though, so maybe don't try and turn it around too quickly. Or I'll buy it for 30 quid! :D

i have sold quite a few bits on the BST here, i price things on how much it has cost me and add a few pounds on for myself.

say i get a Tech in a Grooming Kit for £4.00 at a car boot, i will clean it, polish it, sterilise it and ask say £10.00 for it, i will sell it for that but generally if someone haggles i will let it go for a couple of quid less, the rest of the bits in the Kit if they clean up well like the Tubes etc, i end up giving away, (as other members will back me up on).

if you also think that i'm getting up at stupid o clock on weekends to go round muddy fields looking for things and also add in the cost of postage, there is not alot to be made on here, unless i strike lucky and get better quality rare razors.

i ilke to sell people good quality stuff and i think my prices are fair, i don't do it to make lots of money, i am in full time work and i also fix computers in my spare time and make a fair amount doing that every month, i do it because i enjoy finding and restoring things to sell so that others can enjoy them, not everyone has the chance to find Razors, and may only buy of e-bay and pay top prices...

it's a hobby that i enjoy and i make a few quid and also out of swaps, it has enabled me to get some nice things.......and last but not least, it has got me the "nick the greek" nickname !!! :D :D

Steve

sunburyboy93 said:
i have sold quite a few bits on the BST here, i price things on how much it has cost me and add a few pounds on for myself.

say i get a Tech in a Grooming Kit for £4.00 at a car boot, i will clean it, polish it, sterilise it and ask say £10.00 for it, i will sell it for that but generally if someone haggles i will let it go for a couple of quid less, the rest of the bits in the Kit if they clean up well like the Tubes etc, i end up giving away, (as other members will back me up on).

if you also think that i'm getting up at stupid o clock on weekends to go round muddy fields looking for things and also add in the cost of postage, there is not alot to be made on here, unless i strike lucky and get better quality rare razors.

i ilke to sell people good quality stuff and i think my prices are fair, i don't do it to make lots of money, i am in full time work and i also fix computers in my spare time and make a fair amount doing that every month, i do it because i enjoy finding and restoring things to sell so that others can enjoy them, not everyone has the chance to find Razors, and may only buy of e-bay and pay top prices...

it's a hobby that i enjoy and i make a few quid and also out of swaps, it has enabled me to get some nice things.......and last but not least, it has got me the "nick the greek" nickname !!! :D :D
Steve

Well said Steve, you are a legend in your own life time. You are the purveyor of high quality goods at very reasonable prices. You should be commended for your total lack of selfishness and greed. A nomination for the new years honours list, for a life given to all things shaving.

Now about that aristocrat. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom