Come on England!

Not an ideal result but a very encouraging performance - which is a huge improvement on previous tournament appearances. These tournaments are all about doing enough to get through the groups and then really clicking into gear so I'm not going to be too upset by the result.

It'll do and if they manage to maintain that level then I can't see Slovakia or Wales being as fortunate as Russia were tonight.

Good to see our idiot brigade in Marseille is doing us proud again.

I was of a similar opinion but the more news filters through it seems like there are a lot of organised Russian gangs looking for trouble and a contingent of Marseille Ultras. On the flip side though it always seems like that minority of England fans get "innocently" caught up in this nonsense time and time again.

Joey Barton was on the radio before talking about the difficulty of getting to the ground without problems. Apparently he was part of a small group with a kid in tow and they had to stick to the back streets and even then there was a hairy moment or two with groups actively targeting England fans regardless of what they were up to.

Unfortunately, we seem to have that reputation which attracts the wrong element of opposing fans. And just as unfortunately we have a good few followers who seem to think upholding that rep is a good thing.

I was of a similar opinion but the more news filters through it seems like there are a lot of organised Russian gangs looking for trouble and a contingent of Marseille Ultras. On the flip side though it always seems like that minority of England fans get "innocently" caught up in this nonsense time and time again.

Joey Barton was on the radio before talking about the difficulty of getting to the ground without problems. Apparently he was part of a small group with a kid in tow and they had to stick to the back streets and even then there was a hairy moment or two with groups actively targeting England fans regardless of what they were up to.

Unfortunately, we seem to have that reputation which attracts the wrong element of opposing fans. And just as unfortunately we have a good few followers who seem to think upholding that rep is a good thing.

I've watched England vs Germany at the Berlin "fan mile" (~500k people) and earlier this year England vs Germany at the Olympic stadium. As an England fan who's never been in a fight, on both these occasions our group were targeted by German Ultras. It seems that no matter if you keep to yourselves and have a laugh within your group... trouble will come calling.

Both times I've watched England vs Germany on German soil, it's because that has been my home town... Would I ever travel to watch England play competitively internationally? No bloody chance! The "England welcoming parties" at these events are trouble!

Poor English yobs getting a right royal thumping by the Russians better than the football. PS who in their right mind would go and watch a England game in that competition, I have a few friends going to the Wales v England game they must be insane.

The one common denominator is always England fans and each time they blame the other fans for starting it. You don't see the Scots, Welsh or Irish fans do anything but make a good impression wherever they go.

The one common denominator is always England fans and each time they blame the other fans for starting it. You don't see the Scots, Welsh or Irish fans do anything but make a good impression wherever they go.

England fans have had a reputation for decades that will probably never go away. Hence other countries will always want to 'prove' themselves against the English.

The irony of the England fans getting their arses handed to them is that all the tough nuts are banned and would have had to hand their passports in a couple of weeks ago, so that all that is left in France are happy clappy nu fans and young lads who have watched green street a few to many times.

Back
Top Bottom