Col. Conk soaps

Anyone used these? They don't get mentioned too much but they look quite interesting.

I'd be interested to hear how they perform amongst our members on TSR :D

Dipesh said:
There quite interesting, any idea what Amber would smell of? I have no idea.

I would supose it would depend on what perfume Amber was wearing at the time. :lol:

Seriously though, I have seen them on a few sites, including Amazon.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf_6BIuPCro[/youtube]

He´s making super lather, adding cream or soap to soap can give nice combos, if they don´t take each other out (scent wise). Uberlather is the same but you also add glycerin to the mix ...

Yup, used boths types. They're OK but when you have Tabac and Palmolive soaps, or any of the three T's or Creightons creams then life's to short. I had a few decent shaves but the pucks were relegated to the shower when I realised I was missing out on Henk's stuff and the sheer creamy dream of Tabac.

If you like glycerin soaps, and /or have sensitive skin that only calms down if you are using them, three of the 4 Conk's are glycerin - the Almond soap isn't (as far as I know). They are lightly scented; not overpowering, and not long-lived, but pleasant none-the-less.

• PM me your surface address, Dipesh, and I'll send you some samples if you'd like.[/list:u]

After U/Hermit springing (as so often) to the rescue guess my thoughts are kinda reduntant Dipesh. However I found Col C soaps good for my skin, but had to work hard to get even a watery lather. If the glycerine suits you I'd strongly suggest you give Scent of Heaven shaving soap a try. From £2 for 100 grms it's a way better soap imo for a gr8 price..

JohnnyO. :shave

Thanks for your thoughts JohnnyO.

I've never tried a glycerine soap like these so this is why I'm intrigued.

Any more info on the other soaps you mention?

Back
Top Bottom