Coffee shops

Well... You're more than welcome to my house Peter (if you ever'll be in this part of the world)! There are a couple of good coffee shops here in Stockholm, we drink coffee like mad men in Sweden and there's a couple of really good concept stores here. We was in the front row for the "clean" revolution of coffee a couple of years ago (don't remember exactly what it was called).

V-street in Stockholm and Johan Nyström concept shop here are both very good and the later a very pleasant experience (and the first can compete with _any_ high end/hard core Italian coffee shop in Italy).

Hi Fido,

Three of my favourites in Ol' London Towne are:

1) Monmouth Coffee in Borough Market - about the best tasting coffee I've ever had!
2) Flat White on Berwick Street - A close second to Monmouth
3) Nude Espresso on Hanbury Street - Great coffee and amazing almond croissants.

oh lets make it 4...Brick Lane Coffee on Brick Lane - great for a coffee after a salt beef bagel at the 2, 24 hour bagel shops a stones throw away from it.

For a coffee fan like myself, you really are spoilt for choice when it comes to decent, independent coffee shops in London.

F.

Hiya,

Next time you guys are around the Boulder Co area, try the latte at Vics. My personal favorite set up is a two very generous shots of espresso, 8 ounce flat version. Been drinking those at that place for 20 years now.

Martin

Here you won't find a decent razor blade or cup of coffee. Best we have is Starbucks, if you can find a table. With the free wifi you now have one person at most tables for an hour working on their computers.

I don't do coffee, what with being English and all.

So it would have to be tea at The Walk Cafe in Robin Hood's Country.

Some reviews: http://thewalkcafe.wordpress.com/reviews/

What I'd like to know Fido, is are you planning on coming to see us all? A sort of a grand coffee tour of the UK, Europe and Chicago? I know that retired gentlemen have some time on their hands but that's taking the cake. ;-)

There's an app for those tooled up with Iphones called "bean hunter" which will locate coffee shops for you with ratings. "London's Best Coffee" is also a good one.

In Holborn there is a fantastic place called "Fleet River Bakery" - my favourite place to have meetings out of the office, which is quirky, friendly and relaxed

I confess to being a coffee shop addict. My wife and I rarely miss a day as well as breakfast out at least twice a week. I guess it's our equivalent of going to a pub for a pint most days. Wherever we go, anywhere, the first place we make for is a coffee shop where we put the world to rights for around half an hour before setting a time to meet later. This thread may flush out the occasional gem that we might be able to follow up some time.

One of my main gripes with coffee shops in the UK is the inconsistency of customer service. I don't expect a lengthy chat, just a warm welcoming smile - and sadly that is too frequently absent in many UK shops.

al_kaholik said:
There's an app for those tooled up with Iphones called "bean hunter" which will locate coffee shops for you with ratings. "London's Best Coffee" is also a good one.

In Holborn there is a fantastic place called "Fleet River Bakery" - my favourite place to have meetings out of the office, which is quirky, friendly and relaxed

Noted!

Fido said:
One of my main gripes with coffee shops in the UK is the inconsistency of customer service. I don't expect a lengthy chat, just a warm welcoming smile - and sadly that is too frequently absent in many UK shops.

Mrs PC got barged out the way twice by a waitress at a Norwich coffee shop last month. I think it was Costa.

Actually the best coffee I've had in Bury is at Carluccio's. Great food and service, just don't try the tea there - they haven't got a clue!

Back
Top Bottom