cobra DE razor - rave reviews in USA shave forums

Hi all

This razor seems to be achieving rave reviews from our USA shave forum buddies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwzA5Q9M2F8&noredirect=1

Anyone here using one?

It's a Cobra single edge which uses the Feather Professional blade. I believe our own IanM was the first person on TSR to have one & he gave a really good review on it which should still be on file.
I have the Cobra he previously owned & it's a very nice modern, updated design of an SE. I can't use it for more than a couple of days consecutively or I get a shade of razor burn, however I'm not sure that the price of well over £130 which I see it now costs from Executive Shaving Co makes it generally affordable.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

JohnnyO said:
It's a Cobra single edge which uses the Feather Professional blade. I believe our own IanM was the first person on TSR to have one & he gave a really good review on it which should still be on file.
I have the Cobra he previously owned & it's a very nice modern, updated design of an SE. I can't use it for more than a couple of days consecutively or I get a shade of razor burn, however I'm not sure that the price of well over £130 which I see it now costs from Executive Shaving Co makes it generally affordable.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Bought mine for about £40 less maybe 4 months ago...

I love mine. All other razors are left standing on the shelf because of it.
I get my best shaves when using the Cobra.

£130 is a lot of cash, but I suppose it's all relative. It's a quality piece of kit. Nice to see it getting more recognition, it definitely deserves it.

Hiya,

Nice review Ian,

I gotta admit those things pique my interest a bit. Having used injectors for years, I have a strong appreciation for that type of SE razor. There's a few things I'd have to see about before buying one though.

What the Cobra looks like to me is a very heavy injector with a wide head that only takes a Feather blade. I'm a little spooked about using any razor that's about 100 grams or so, especially with that blade. The head width I could get past easily enough I think.

I like a Feather blade, but not in all razors. I'm afraid it might be too much and I'd have no other option. It looks comfortable to hold, but I'd wanna see for myself just to be sure.

Heh, if you ever feel like lending that nice looking piece out, I may have one or two interesting razors that you might like to sample in exchange.

Martin

dodgy said:
I like a Feather blade, but not in all razors. I'm afraid it might be too much and I'd have no other option.

Feather injector blades come in different types. At Shaving.ie they sell only two types ATM. http://www.shaving.ie/categories/Razor-Blades/Shavette-Blades

Interesting razor BTW.

Only making this comment from watching the video and reading about the Cobra here . It really seems like a large sized copy of the Gem footed micromatic with a larger Schick like head. Nice combination. Big razor.

Treb said:
dodgy said:
I like a Feather blade, but not in all razors. I'm afraid it might be too much and I'd have no other option.

Feather injector blades come in different types. At Shaving.ie they sell only two types ATM. http://www.shaving.ie/categories/Razor-Blades/Shavette-Blades

Interesting razor BTW.

The Cobra is designed to use the PRO type blades and no other flavour, unfortunately.

Ian

IanM said:
The Cobra is designed to use the PRO type blades and no other flavour, unfortunately.

Hmm, so that makes the Cobra a love-it or hate-it type of razor with no blade choice whatsoever. :s

Better stick with an old fashioned DE razor IMO, loads of different blades to choose from. Or is it all a scam and are we led to believe there's all kinds of different blades while in reality the choice is limited? :huh:

The only drawback I see with the Cobra is that there are only Feather blades that fit it, unless there are other brands that do. I wouldn't mind try ing a Cobra but it's the sharpness of the blade that might put me off. Derby to make single edge professional blades, so they might fit the Cobra.

Fido said:
I feel really good about freeing myself from RAD. So I can just enjoy these threads without temptation setting in.

Fido, how did you free yourself from RAD? What razors have you kept and are using these days?

thanks Dougie...

What Fido DIDN'T mention is that he hasn't so much removed "Razor Affliction Disorder" as just transferred it to "Motorcycle Affliction Disorder" ! & I'm sure that he only did that to pass this quite excessively contagious disease onto many more of us.

JohnnyO. \:mad:

Back
Top Bottom