Cobra Classic

Just ordered my a Cobra Classic with 60 feather blades. Anyone have any history with this razor? I've read few reviews, general consensus is that the Cobra is VERY aggressive, and suited for those with heavy/coarse beards...

Ian M has written a review here

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3819" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3819</a><!-- l -->

which you might find helpful.

I must admit I hadn't even heard of the Cobra until I read your post. :oops:

Cheers for the link.

Looking forward to using it. I bought a 'Mergress' last month, my first and only adjustable, and although it's very nice to use, my quest for the perfect razor felt incomplete. Hoping the Cobra is 'the one'.

I don't own the Cobra anymore.

It is quite aggressive, but it worked quite well, but I just found myself using other razors instead.

Ian

I've got the Cobra Ian had & it's a lovely piece of kit. My first Ever Ready SE made me a real fan of single edge shaving & the Cobra really is for me what the Feather or Ikon may be to DE razors. Only comment I can make is that it does give a truly close finish, so for a shaver with a fair skin or lightish stubble it could well be an "every other day" or special occasions razor. Ian's review pretty much says it all and is spot on imo ; unlike the review in another forum which made the Cobra sound rather like a fiendish weapon of self mutilation & destruction.

Good thick lather, don't rush things & you're just gonna love this razor !

JohnnyO. \ :shave

JohnnyO said:
I've got the Cobra Ian had & it's a lovely piece of kit. My first Ever Ready SE made me a real fan of single edge shaving & the Cobra really is for me what the Feather or Ikon may be to DE razors. Only comment I can make is that it does give a truly close finish, so for a shaver with a fair skin or lightish stubble it could well be an "every other day" or special occasions razor. Ian's review pretty much says it all and is spot on imo ; unlike the review in another forum which made the Cobra sound rather like a fiendish weapon of self mutilation & destruction.

Good thick lather, don't rush things & you're just gonna love this razor !

JohnnyO. \ :shave

Sounds good to me.

Back
Top Bottom