Cobra Cassic Razor

IanM said:
Anybody tried one of these Cobra Classic Razors?

http://www.classicshaving.com/catalog/item/522941/6873469.htm

I like the look of it, and the concept seems like a good one. I have read some reviews on B&B, but thought I would ask here, where, well, I'll say no more.

Ian

The problem you'll have with that bad boy is the stupidly sharp blades it takes. I use the Feather AC sometimes which has a built-in safety angle - I'm not sure the Cobra has that and those blades really are sharp. I might have read somewhere that someone might have used 'normal' injector blades - then again I might be barking up the wrong kettle of fish.

There might also have been problems with some of the blades not fitting properly - might be Super Pros as they are thicker.

IanM said:

I like the look of it, and the concept seems like a good one. I have read some reviews on B&B, but thought I would ask here, where, well, I'll say no more.

Ian

Wow! what a fabulous looking razor Ian! However, when americans talk about straights, I notice they include shavettes with this description as well. So therefore does this razor take 1/2 of a DE Feather blade,(like a Shavette would) - making the razor an SE? Or are these people on about a completely new Feather blade designed for this razor only?? :?

spandexcodpiece said:
IanM said:

Ian

Wow! what a fabulous looking razor Ian! However, when americans talk about straights, I notice they include shavettes with this description as well. So therefore does this razor take 1/2 of a DE Feather blade,(like a Shavette would) - making the razor an SE? Or are these people on about a completely new Feather blade designed for this razor only?? :?

It takes the Feather blades designed for the Feather AC razors. The AC's work like a shavette, but have their own blades. They're a bit like an Injector blade, but longer and a damn site sharper.

The Cobra is a bit like an Injector on steroids.

Ian

joe mcclaine said:
IanM said:

Ian

The problem you'll have with that bad boy is the stupidly sharp blades it takes. I use the Feather AC sometimes which has a built-in safety angle - I'm not sure the Cobra has that and those blades really are sharp. I might have read somewhere that someone might have used 'normal' injector blades - then again I might be barking up the wrong kettle of fish.

There might also have been problems with some of the blades not fitting properly - might be Super Pros as they are thicker.

The Cobra is designed to work with the Pro blades, but a few of the numptys have tried it with the pro guards and the super pros - mistAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!(Scrubs reference)

Ian

..With reference to the Cobra razor Ian. I have re-read the gumph on the web site details that you gave, and it is plain to see the blade in question is loaded with an Injector! So therefore, there is a similarity to the Schick Injector system isn't there ? So is this a completely new blade suitable only for the Cobra? It would certainly seem to be the case! I would be very careful here before you decide to purchase, because given the price of the razor, these blades are bound to be expensive, very expensive!! :shock:

spandexcodpiece said:
..With reference to the Cobra razor Ian. I have re-read the gumph on the web site details that you gave, and it is plain to see the blade in question is loaded with an Injector! So therefore, there is a similarity to the Schick Injector system isn't there ? So is this a completely new blade suitable only for the Cobra? It would certainly seem to be the case! I would be very careful here before you decide to purchase, because given the price of the razor, these blades are bound to be expensive, very expensive!! :shock:

The blades are made for the (quite) popular Feather Artist Club razor. They are very easily obtainable - but only from US.

I've got a box of 200 of them for my razor.

There's a bloke called 'Telly' on the other forums with mates in Japan who can get them in bulk.

Actually, the Cobra does not load from the cartridge like a traditional Injector. The cartridge is simply used as a dispenser.

Yes, the blades will not be cheap, but they do last, and besides that, the razor is hardly a bargain either.

I enjoy shaving with my Injectors, and when I saw the Cobra, it sort of made sense IF I ignored the price tag!

Ian

IanM said:
spandexcodpiece said:
IanM said:

Ian

It takes the Feather blades designed for the Feather AC razors. The AC's work like a shavette, but have their own blades. They're a bit like an Injector blade, but longer and a damn site sharper.

The Cobra is a bit like an Injector on steroids.

Ian

Ha,Ha, very descriptive Ian, thanks mate! All sounds quite exciting, lots of newish things in there! All sounds a bit pricey though, are you gonna go for it ? :?: :)

Ian and Joe,

Thank you for your patience and tolerance in enlightening me with regard to equipment I didn't know existed! Newbys like me can be a bit tiresome at times with our naivety and ignorance, and don't always post in an appealing way when asking questions. However, the adventure continues, I've learnt something else-great, thank you once again. :D

spandexcodpiece said:
Ian and Joe,

Thank you for your patience and tolerance in enlightening me with regard to equipment I didn't know existed! Newbys like me can be a bit tiresome at times with our naivety and ignorance, and don't always post in an appealing way when asking questions. However, the adventure continues, I've learnt something else-great, thank you once again. :D

No problem, mate.

I suspect that if these were readily available in the UK, I would have one ordered right now. Unfortunately, the 'remote' availability of the razor and blades makes me a little twitchy, as I have had a couple of items go 'missing' between the USA and here.

Ian

Ive almost given up on shipping from the USA tbh, Customs is so bloody random.
Ive had one package bounced back and forth between supplier and customs several times .. to the point where customs were unwilling to release it unless they had my every personal detail including a few i didn't even know i had.

Anyway.. i have seen this razor before and honestly i was quite interested (injector fan as well).. Shame we have no European supplier of more American kit.
Not to say i could leaver the funds for one, but you never know.... if im good anyway ;)

spandexcodpiece said:
Ian and Joe,

Nice move. I was just about to inform a steward about your behaviour and have you taken aside for a stern talking to.

Proinsias said:
spandexcodpiece said:
Ian and Joe,

Nice move. I was just about to inform a steward about your behaviour and have you taken aside for a stern talking to.

Ha,Ha,and with a bit of luck, receive a few lashes from a B&B cat o' nine tails.. :shock: The more experienced forum members amongst us do not always get a thank you from the newer members after answering questions and going out of their way to be generally helpful. My earlier post was a personal attempt to redress the balance a little, and I can't see anything wrong in that-can you? :D

Fair comment there Ian, especially since were talking about quite a few bob investment, as it were! I have to say that apart from one horrendous example,(UK Postal charges on top of already high shipping costs), that all my recent purchases from the USA have not only got here, but arrived in reasonable time as well, and at reasonable cost. Note that I say reasonable, not good, because I don't think it's ever going to be as cheap as European shipping and postal charges. I just cannot understand why there is such a great disparity! :roll:

spandexcodpiece said:
Ian and Joe,

You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom