Classic Cobra razors back in stock 4pm PST today

Bam!
c1bb223a7bde60063355bbdbe86a3c96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cobra Classic arrived today. :D

Did a quick check of plating, lever locking mechanism, put a blade in and checked alignment and, phew, it all looks great.

It really is one gorgeous piece of shaving equipment and can't wait to give it its maiden shave tomorrow morning!
33ojlol.jpg

Now, I did notice something, to me, rather interesting...

It used to be that the base of the handle was always stamped "Galco".
(Stock image below):
fBHwDZd.png

The razor that I received today have no stamp whatsoever;
24cioaa.jpg

I shot off an email to CS asking about this change and if this is the first batch where the logo is not engraved and if Galco is still manufacturing the Classics. We shall see (unless someone here already knows the answer of course).

Like yours the fit and finish is fine. The blade looks nice and even, and the lever works well with not much play. It's definitely a unique piece of gear.

At first I thought there was a little bit of 'play' in the blade holder but I compared it to the KC and it was almost identical in that there is a tiny 'give' in the mount which, as far as I'm concerned, could well be by design :)

Considering how well the KC works for me I am rather excited about tomorrow's shave... Fingers crossed and all that.

The Cobra Classic arrived today. :D

Did a quick check of plating, lever locking mechanism, put a blade in and checked alignment and, phew, it all looks great.

It really is one gorgeous piece of shaving equipment and can't wait to give it its maiden shave tomorrow morning!
33ojlol.jpg

Now, I did notice something, to me, rather interesting...

It used to be that the base of the handle was always stamped "Galco".
(Stock image below):
fBHwDZd.png

The razor that I received today have no stamp whatsoever;
24cioaa.jpg

I shot off an email to CS asking about this change and if this is the first batch where the logo is not engraved and if Galco is still manufacturing the Classics. We shall see (unless someone here already knows the answer of course).

The Galco stamp there are 2 version, the stock photo is of the first original batch(s) produced, the Galco is written in calligraphy which is really beautiful, the next batches had Galco stamped but in normal letters and small, looking at your new Cobra Classic it seems they have completely taken it off, the original Cobra Classic IMO is slightly more aggressive then the 2nd batch, for me the original Cobra is more preferred just for the Galco written in calligraphy style.

The Galco stamp there are 2 version, the stock photo is of the first original batch(s) produced, the Galco is written in calligraphy which is really beautiful, the next batches had Galco stamped but in normal letters and small, looking at your new Cobra Classic it seems they have completely taken it off, the original Cobra Classic IMO is slightly more aggressive then the 2nd batch, for me the original Cobra is more preferred just for the Galco written in calligraphy style.

Received a reply from Classic Shaving to my question about the stamp/engraving on this batch of Classic Cobras;

"The maker is still Galco, and while the King Cobras is stamped in this batch, the Cobra Classic is not marked.
We are not sure why"

The Cobra Classic is a beauty for sure and your the pictures from Darkbulb are just spot on.
Enjoy the first shave with it tomorrow !

Marco

Back
Top Bottom