City Barca Last Night?

Is it just me or did anyone else find this a totally boring and predictable game? Opponents park the bus and Barca pass them into eventual submission?

The second goal was class, but that was about it in terms of highlights.

As good as Barca are, is anyone else tired of watching them pass the ball to death?

I thought City played better with 10 men and probably created more chances.

That DiMichaeles (spelling) is dodgy.. not sure what City are doing with that fella in the starting 11.

I swear though... I know they're a great team, but Barca do my head in... hard to watch.

jb74 said:
Is it just me or did anyone else find this a totally boring and predictable game? Opponents park the bus and Barca pass them into eventual submission?

As good as Barca are, is anyone else tired of watching them pass the ball to death?

I agree entirely- the football may be technically good but there is zero excitement in their game. Of course there are flashes of individual brilliance but there are some players who go to ground far too easily.

jb74 said:

Absolutely not.

The passing and movement of both teams (up until the sending off) was lovely to watch, and it made a nice change from the usual premiership offerings.

As the late, great Bill Shankly said "the ball never gets tired".

It depends upon how you like your football, I suppose.

Ian

As the late, great Bill Shankly said "the ball never gets tired".

I honestly don't get that... given that the ball spends the majority of time moving irrespective of the style, quality or excitement level of the football :)

It means the ball should do the moving rather than the player.

Barca can on occasion keep possession with little attempt to penetrate just for the sake of it, Spain did it at the last world cup as did Barca the other night and it can be quite tedious to watch. Death by a thousand passes so to speak, having said that if you take a step back from the hype they were first leg games and always likely to be cagey affairs unless something catastrophic happened like erm oh yeah a sending off.

It means the ball should do the moving rather than the player.

I suppose you have a point... I look back fondly on the relative success we (Ireland) has under Jack Charlton, the ball certain did move a lot... up and over :)

Just look up some stats from the game -

Barca ->

* Almost 70% of possession
* Attempted 959 passes in the match
* 7 of 10 attempts on target

That's almost a shot on target every 13 minutes.

I suppose the argument has to be made about the opposition too. If you're not good enough to put it up to them.. then this is what you're going to be left with.

jb74 said:

Me!

Ever see this? Seems a bit dated, but I still don't enjoy their style of play. To each his own though.

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-2002.html?highlight=Barcelona

And this is just one of many stories a search will turn up:

http://footballspeak.com/post/2012/05/21/Are-Barcelona-Boring-.aspx

Back
Top Bottom