Christopher Ward

Has anyone any experience with Christopher Ward Watches and their Customer Service ?

I've seen a couple mentioned here and curiosity got the better of me and I ordered one two weeks ago. Well after a week and a half with no contact I emailed them asking where it was. The reply being a batch had been returned to Switzerland by customs. Obviously the watch wasn't in stock at the time of ordering, which wasn't made clear. But the total lack of correspondence until I contacted them I find disappointing. They seem to bang on about Customer Service being important, so surely being proactive is the best way.

I had a look on their forum and it appears the person dealing with the orders has been inundated with emails asking where their watches were. I'm sure they can produce a list from their systems of those awaiting items and email them out an explanation.

All I can say is it better be good when it does arrive or it is going straight back. It is also going to have to be of superb quality for me to even considering ordering from them again. I hate it when companies over promise and under achieve. Also selling stock and accepting payment when it isn't in stock really gets to me. Also to me it hints of a company with cash flow problems. Get the money in let it clear, pay the supplier and then distribute.

An email explaining or making it a pre-order status is fine but accepting money and not contacting the customer, just plain shoddy.

I can't comment on your issue, but I have had dealings with their customer service department in the past and always found them to be really courteous and helpful.

I bought a watch shortly before moving house; it had never kept time particularly well but then went haywire. Anyway, we had other things on our mind - house move and then the arrival (2 weeks after moving in) of our 2nd child. I put the watch in storage and promptly forgot about it.

I retrieved it after 2 years in storage, found the problem was the same and mailed customer services. They sent me a prepaid postage envelope to return the watch to them and investigated the issue. They found a problem with the movement itself and replaced that for me with the latest equivalent and returned it shortly after (they did keep it for a few weeks to ensure it worked as expected through several winding down cycles).

For what it's worth, my wife's watch - bought at the same time - has never had any issues and so hasn't been back to base.

All in all, I'd rather the watch hadn't gone wrong in the first place - but, given that it did, I don't see how the customer care could have been any better.

I have had 3 C.W watches in fact my everyday watch is a C600 Tri-Tech divers watch. The watch is 2 years old and about a year a go it started to lose about 5 mins a week. So I sent back to C.W and it was returned within a couple of weeks with a new movement fitted. I have dealt with C.W. customer services a few times and have had no problems with them. Just out of interest which watch have you ordered?

missingskin said:
I have had 3 C.W watches in fact my everyday watch is a C600 Tri-Tech divers watch. The watch is 2 years old and about a year a go it started to lose about 5 mins a week. So I sent back to C.W and it was returned within a couple of weeks with a new movement fitted. I have dealt with C.W. customer services a few times and have had no problems with them. Just out of interest which watch have you ordered?

I have ordered a C7 Rapide. The Tri Tech is a very nice watch. I've only gone with a quartz movement, which apparently are very good being a Swiss movement still.

N_Architect said:
Not nice to hear.

I have no experiences with them, so cannot help much. Hope all goes well for you at the end and the watch arrives as should.

Cheers. Hopefully when it does arrive I will pop some photos on.

Just had an email and its been dispatched special delivery for tomorrow. Also a full and better explanation was sent too. Just a shame they couldn't of been proactive.

Back
Top Bottom