Christmas Holiday ideas please

Next year I’m taking the family away. For 20 years straight I have cooked Christmas lunch and entertained various welcome-overstaying ‘guests’ (also known as relatives/in laws) NO MORE!

Suggestions please for 7/10 days of warm weather and interesting things. Ideally not too far a flight, in a perfect world will not require a mortgage.

Not MENA

No orange people or ‘influencers‘

Thanks !

Next year I’m taking the family away. For 20 years straight I have cooked Christmas lunch and entertained various welcome-overstaying ‘guests’ (also known as relatives/in laws) NO MORE!

Suggestions please for 7/10 days of warm weather and interesting things. Ideally not too far a flight, in a perfect world will not require a mortgage.

Not MENA

Thanks !
How do we know what a long flight is to you if you don't even put where you live?

Not everyone lives in the same place so what is far from some...

Also a little more idea on budget?

Not MENA

Thanks !
Better idea, just tell them no, stay at home and enjoy Christmas with close family without all the hastle of looking after other people.
I did that this year, most relaxing Chrismas for years, well recommended. :)

Better idea, just tell them no, stay at home and enjoy Christmas with close family without all the hastle of looking after other people.
I did that this year, most relaxing Chrismas for years, well recommended. :)
Problem is mother in law lives far too close and still will pop round, but can’t possibly be alone on Christmas Eve, or Christmas Day, or Boxing Day ….

How do we know what a long flight is to you if you don't even put where you live?

Not everyone lives in the same place so what is far from some...

Also a little more idea on budget?
Good point

Live in UK, Stanstead is my closest airport

Budget doesn’t matter too much, although much more than £10k would be a further irritation, 4 people total, one may be classed as a child as will be 12.

Last edited:
Good point

Live in UK, Stanstead is my closest airport

Budget doesn’t matter too much, although much more than £10k would be a further irritation, 4 people total, one may be classed as a child as will be 12.
Budget of up to £10k, how about Australia? Lovely beaches, great food and I could be persuaded to come with you. :)

Back
Top Bottom