Christmas film(s)?

Is there anything you are looking forward to or watching especially? A guilty pleasure perhaps...something to counter all the goodwill and Xmas cheer I think.

Evil dead or The Exorcist....baa puking humbug.

So which channel and when is the Wizard of Oz on? Because my Dallas daughter is joining us, the other two and families will be here too. So the Wizard of Oz is a must if it's on.

And it's:

Boxing Day 5:10pm channel 5

I often talk to myself!

Got a copy of the 1950'a version of Christmas carol with Alistair Sims - by far the best version.

Will also watch is a wonderful life, which believe it or not I've never seen!

box-of-delights.jpg

Not on over Christmas but i have the DVD Box Set and it will be watched this week, used to always watch this when i was little around Xmas time on VHS, remember being ten years old when it was on the BBC.

makes you feel like a kid again !!!

IMDB Info >Click<

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUkOsMSN7PI[/video]

Fido said:
So which channel and when is the Wizard of Oz on? Because my Dallas daughter is joining us, the other two and families will be here too. So the Wizard of Oz is a must if it's on.

And it's:

I often talk to myself!

Peter, just a warning about watching W of O on a station with adverts. We watched it last year and, just as everything was about to change from b&w to colour an ad break began. What a ridiculous time to fit in a break, it really spoiled one of the best bits of the film. I'd consider buying it on DVD as I can't imagine it's very expensive and sounds like it would get watched quite a bit.

We always watch two films leading up to Christmas:

A Christmas Carol, the version with George C Scott, Edward Woodward....and also

Trapped in Paradise, a Nicholas Cage film.

Pig Cat said:
Fido said:

And it's:

I often talk to myself!

Peter, just a warning about watching W of O on a station with adverts. We watched it last year and, just as everything was about to change from b&w to colour an ad break began. What a ridiculous time to fit in a break, it really spoiled one of the best bits of the film. I'd consider buying it on DVD as I can't imagine it's very expensive and sounds like it would get watched quite a bit.

We tend to record most programmes these days so will fast forward through ads if we can.

But I agree a DVD would be the best way forward.

Back
Top Bottom