Choose my next blade for me!

I have decided for no particular reason that I will be trying a different brand of blade next . I am still very early in my shaving career and am going to use up most of the small selection of blades I have before ordering any more.

I am still on my first blade (a Derby which came bundled with the DE89bl).

So gentlemen - make your recommendation from the following:

Astra Superior Platinum

Gillete 7 o'clock SharpEdge

and

Feather Hi Stainless

(just for a little bit of fun, cos otherwise I will plod dully through each pack, one after the other)

Cheers

Ainslie

either of the first 2, which would be a big improvement on a Derby

i'd say 7's

Feathers are a marmite blade, personally too sharp for me unless they're in a mild razor

For me there both great blades in that razor.

A few more that are similar are Sharks and Permasharps. These are two more fantastic blades IMO.

Astras are nice in the EJ…

Like the Super Thins, though. :lol:

On a more serious note: try not to go down the chopping and changing route with blades, soaps, razors, etc…

It might be worth sticking with your Derby blades for the next few weeks or so, especially if you're new to DE shaving.

Lipsy

Both blades perform very well for me, the 7 o'clock with a slight advantage.

Once you are familiar with the razor and can shave without adding any pressure (sounds easy, probably is easy for some, but took me almost a year to master), the feathers are a must try! They do slice those whiskers a little more effortlessly than other blades. Having said that, they are not my favorites.

My favorites are Red Personnas.

/Max

Back
Top Bottom