Chinese DE Blade PIF ###COMPLETED###

RE: Chinese DE Blade PIF

This morning's blade was a Ying JiLi Blue Diamond. Bloodless DFS but had to slow way down on the first pass WTG - didn't feel draggy but lacked sharp zest. Next passes were OK but I abandoned my upper lip when good enough in order to avaid inevitable weepers. Wouldn't risk using this blade a second time - though I'm sure one could. Not a high scoring blade because I can feel whiskers already - but you could go to the office in China presentably with this blade.

This is what it has been about - finding this blade! Up there with Swedish SuperSteel blades - probably not quite as comfortable a shave but a result beyond experience! Previous BBS shaves are now relegated to Billiard Hall and Working Mens' Clubs BBS, the Jianyu Swordfish gave me an Arena BBS (polished with IOW Lavender a/s balm).

An utterly fantastic blade! Watch out for it, volunteers - save it for a lazy day or if s/he's put you on a promise.

Re: Chinese DE Blade PIF

That's the one I used, Carl, and it was very smooth and decently sharp. from what I've read so far I think I will want to get more of most of these but I'm concerned about the ordering process.

MisterTao email informs us that they are moving to larger premises so I'd give it a few weeks before ordering.

What's the score so far - one bad experience but refunded compared to at least three good experiences. They are favourable odds even for non-risk takers!

yeah seeing as I was refunded pretty quickly I don't think it's too much of a risk to be honest and if these blades are as good as you all say then I may give them another chance.

Re: RE: Chinese DE Blade PIF

Tackleberry said:
I'll try some if any are left seeing as my $22 worth never made it.

The Chinese are the best at poor Chinese to English translations funily enough. They must think we talk nonsense!

I'm after A - W on the 2nd lot so if you pm me your address I'll pif it to you.

demusss said:
Tackleberry said:
I'll try some if any are left seeing as my $22 worth never made it.

The Chinese are the best at poor Chinese to English translations funily enough. They must think we talk nonsense!

I'm after A - W on the 2nd lot so if you pm me your address I'll pif it to you.

Cheers matey, much appreciated, pm sent.

Tackleberry said:
..... if these blades are as good as you all say .........

Oh! ye of little faith! They are fecking brilliant! I'm still BBS except my jawlaine.

Can't find a post by him but his name is something like dique-long - thank you for putting us on to these blades.

Another brilliant Swordfish shave today. I forgot to mention the very satisfying auditory feedback from these blades. I shall definitely being buying more!

Can it keep on getting better? The pink and yellow wrapper suggested to me that a poor blade must lie within, but like a book and its cover....

The Flying Eagle is the new thinnest blade I have ever seen and it is a fantastic blade! Very much like a Feather but forgiving. Sliced through whiskers as if they weren't there - as comfortable as shaving without a blade in the razor. In the expectation of it being awful, I put the blade into Le Dodgy - Stahly head - very easy shaver - and whizz! shave done! Not BBS because the Stahly goes for comfort over ultra-close but in a Weber it would have been, for certain sure.

A debate about which is better between Flying Eagle and Swordfish is inevitable, I reckon! Both are terrific!

Back
Top Bottom