cheapish watch for work

I you want something scratch proof you need something better than mineral glass or mineral crystal. Sapphire crystal is the only choice I'm aware of but you need to pay significantly more for a watch that has a sapphire crystal.

Alternatively buy a watch that has the crystal sitting below the bezel so it's not the most prominent part of the watch.

For what you'll pay getting the crystal swapped you could just buy another watch.

This is where it starts though, because you the end up with one for 'best' and a beater for day to day use. I would still suggest a G-shock as a great daily wearer that will put up with any abuse you can throw at it.

Re: RE: cheapish watch for work

nr73 said:
This is where it starts though, because you the end up with one for 'best' and a beater for day to day use. I would still suggest a G-shock as a great daily wearer that will put up with any abuse you can throw at it.

I think I suggested that before. I still think 2 watches are required as I don't believe you can where a watch every day in a manual job and keep it looking decent.

shrink said:
IMHO there's only one choice at this price point.

Seiko 5

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_scat_199482031_ln?rh=n%3A199482031%2Ck%3ASeiko+5&keywords=Seiko+5&ie=UTF8&qid=1355341749&scn=199482031&h=7ffa4100eb62b29c863a0cde4a0939d76f116653

Tons of watches share this movement, so you'll find one you like the look of. It's a proper Japanese automatic self winding movement, none of this battery of kinetic nonsense. A 5 will go on forever and need nothing from you.

Not sure of the same mechnicals are in my Black monster which if three or so years old and knackered again. It has been repaired/serviced twice under warranty and gone for a third time now out of warranty. Seiko wanted £96 to sort and a private shop £63.50. Thats still have of what I paid for the thing. Getting fed up with it now.

LargeImage.aspx
i think ill just get the glass replaced then get something like this

WatchCover2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom