Chatsworth - worth a chat?

It must be the sharpness of those feathers that is causing the trouble. Because they are so sharp and cut so efficiently they don't perhaps give the same feedback as a milder blade. Before you know it you have sliced your chin off whereas with a Derby or Persona it might bounce or stutter and so require a bigger 'press' to achieve the same , eh, 'damage'!
Anyway, I will give it another try tomorrow with greater care and see if I can avoid self harm.
I guess I got to expert level with my Merkur Progress (not loaded with a Feather) as I have used it exclusively. So I have to climb a new learning curve.

DEbest - I am a newcomer to DE shaving and finally plucked up the courage to try a feather in my EJ DE89 this morning. I've been working through a sample pack and have reserved the feather until last so I could improve my technique. I'm still only shaving WTG and XTG and I would definitely agree that it is a very close shave. However I was off today so wasn't rushed at all and enjoyed each pass. A light touch and relaxed aproach should see you through but leave it for your days off or an evening perhaps.

Fido - just out of curiosity does the Merkur handle fit EJ head? I have a DE89 which I'm finding good to shave with but I would like something with a longer handle. I was thinking about a Chatsworth but thought if the handles / heads were interchangeable I could buy a 38c and have the best of both. A Merkur and EJ head each usable with a long handle.

Or is that a non starter due to balancing weight of each head etc?

Or did I read that the Merkur is a 2 piece so the head doesn't come off?

2nd outing with the Chatsworth and the feather and with greater care and attention manage a comfortable nick-free shave. It could be the start of something great!

BTW, really enjoying my ultra expensive Martin De Candre Soap teamed up with my ultra cheap Vulfix brush for face-lathering magic!

Back
Top Bottom