Chat GPT Review of Feather ASD2 and Gillette EFB Tech

I have been playing around with /chat GPT for a while and decided to ask the AI to review the ASD2 and the EFB Tech. Not perfect but very quick, and hits home on some key points. I am guessing it aggregates all the reviews available online. So I then asked it to aggregate the negative reviews of each razor; + and - results posted below.

For learning from scratch, getting the AI to breakdown topics/concepts/theories into baby steps, it is very, very good; better, dare I say than most of the teachers, I experienced. If you missed your vocation and really wanted to be a theoretical physicist, there is nothing stopping you!

+ Feather ASD2

The Feather ASD2 Double Edge Razor is a standout choice among safety razors, known for its exceptional craftsmanship and superior performance. Handcrafted in Japan, this razor features a solid stainless steel construction with a sleek and minimalist design that sets it apart from other double edge razors. What makes the Feather ASD2 unique is its closed comb design that offers a mild and smooth shave, perfect for those with sensitive skin or new to wet shaving. Unlike other razors that can be aggressive, the ASD2's small blade gap and minimal blade exposure provide a gentle and consistent shave, even in hard-to-reach areas.

Crafted by Japanese artisans, the Feather ASD2 is built to last, with precise attention to detail and quality craftsmanship evident in every aspect of the razor. Its well-balanced weight and ergonomic design make it easy to hold and control, allowing for a comfortable and smooth shaving experience. The Feather ASD2 is compatible with all double edge razor blades, but the use of Feather blades is highly recommended. Known for their sharpness and durability, Feather blades pair perfectly with the ASD2, ensuring a smooth and close shave every time.

In summary, the Feather ASD2 Double Edge Razor is a testament to Japanese craftsmanship, with its elegant design and exceptional performance. Its mild and smooth shave, unique among other double edge razors, makes it an ideal choice for those seeking a comfortable and effective shaving experience.

- Feaher ASD2

Negative reviews of the Feather ASD2 Double Edge Razor typically mention a few key points:

1. Aggressiveness: Some users find the razor to be too mild, which can result in an inadequate shave. They feel that the razor lacks the necessary aggression to effectively remove all of the hair.
  2. Price: The Feather ASD2 is a premium razor with a higher price tag than many other double edge razors. Some users feel that the razor is overpriced for its performance and features.
  3. Blade alignment: A few users have reported issues with the blade alignment, which can result in uneven shaves or difficulty in achieving a consistent angle.
  4. Durability: Although the Feather ASD2 is generally well-made, some users have reported issues with the razor's durability over time. They have noticed wear and tear on the razor head and handle after extended use.
  5. Handle design: While the minimalist design of the Feather ASD2 is generally praised, some users find the handle to be too short or too light. They feel that a longer or heavier handle would provide better control and a more comfortable shave.
It's important to note that negative reviews of the Feather ASD2 are relatively rare, and the razor is generally well-regarded among wet shaving enthusiasts. Many users praise its smoothness, precision, and Japanese craftsmanship. However, as with any product, it may not be the perfect fit for everyone, and some users may prefer other double edge razors for their personal preferences and needs.

+ Gillette EFB Tech

The Gillette English Flat Bottom Tech Double Edge Razor is a classic and iconic safety razor that has been popular among wet shavers for generations. This razor is known for its simple design, reliable performance, and durability. The English Flat Bottom Tech features a solid brass construction with a chrome finish that gives it a timeless and elegant appearance. The razor is well-balanced and feels comfortable in the hand, making it easy to control and maneuver during shaving.

The razor head has a flat bottom design that provides a smooth and comfortable shave. It is compatible with all standard double edge razor blades, making it easy to find replacement blades when needed. The razor is also easy to disassemble, making it simple to clean and maintain. One of the standout features of the English Flat Bottom Tech is its mild and forgiving shave. The razor's blade gap is small, and the blade exposure is minimal, making it a perfect choice for those with sensitive skin or who are new to wet shaving. Despite its mildness, the razor still provides an efficient and close shave.

Overall, the Gillette English Flat Bottom Tech Double Edge Razor is a great choice for those who value simplicity, durability, and performance. Its classic design and reliable performance make it a razor that will last for many years and provide a smooth and comfortable shave every time.

- Gillette EFB Tech

Negative reviews of the Gillette English Flat Bottom Tech Double Edge Razor typically mention a few key points
  1. Aggressiveness: Some users find the razor to be too mild, which can result in an inadequate shave. They feel that the razor lacks the necessary aggression to effectively remove all of the hair.
  2. Blade alignment: A few users have reported issues with the blade alignment, which can result in uneven shaves or difficulty in achieving a consistent angle. This may be due to the age of the razor or inconsistencies in the manufacturing process.
  3. Durability: While the English Flat Bottom Tech is generally well-made, some users have reported issues with the razor's durability over time. They have noticed wear and tear on the razor head and handle after extended use.
  4. Availability: The English Flat Bottom Tech was discontinued by Gillette several decades ago, so it can be difficult to find in good condition. Some users have reported receiving razors with significant wear or damage.
  5. Price: Due to its rarity and collectibility, the English Flat Bottom Tech can be more expensive than other double edge razors. Some users feel that the razor is overpriced for its performance and features.

It's important to note that negative reviews of the English Flat Bottom Tech are relatively rare, and the razor is generally well-regarded among wet shaving enthusiasts. Many users praise its simple design, reliable performance, and mild shave. However, as with any product, it may not be the perfect fit for everyone, and some users may prefer other double edge razors for their personal preferences and needs.

So the closed comb design of the ASD2 is unique, and the (mass-produced) razor itself "artisinal" and testament to Japanese craftsmanship.

After all the fuss in the news recently about AI coming for my job, I'm suddenly comforted somewhat by this wishy-washy nonsense.

ChatGPT is certainly very impressive in its abilities, but often reveals itself because it sounds like a person who is trying to be everything to everyone.

My belief is that the current trend to direct AI to the creative arts will die away and it will find its true vocation in bringing depth to tedious and repetitive tasks, like driverless cars, call centres and vending, which has always been the stated mission for Robots since the first concepts.

"Open airlock number 3, Marvin." "Marvin, can you pick up that piece of paper?" Here I am, brain the size of a planet, and they ask me to pick up a piece of paper."

Tech & blade alignment have never gone negatively in any sentence of mine or any one on here if memory serves. Blade on top cap, base plate on that, screw in handle, job done. Never had any alignment issues ever. You’d have to try pretty damn hard to misalign a blade in a Tech.

Tech & blade alignment have never gone negatively in any sentence of mine or any one on here if memory serves. Blade on top cap, base plate on that, screw in handle, job done. Never had any alignment issues ever. You’d have to try pretty damn hard to misalign a blade in a Tech.
Or in a Feather AS-D2 for that matter! :)

Paul.

I asked chatgpt where it was on the DIKW cycle ...

chatgpt said:
As an AI language model, ChatGPT can be considered as being on the "knowledge" and "wisdom" stages of the DIKW (Data-Information-Knowledge-Wisdom) hierarchy.

At the "data" stage, raw data is collected and processed, and at the "information" stage, this data is organized and given context. As a language model, ChatGPT takes in vast amounts of text data and processes it to extract information and patterns.

However, ChatGPT goes beyond just providing information to users. It uses machine learning algorithms to learn from the data it processes and develops a knowledge base. This knowledge is then used to generate responses to user queries, providing insights and solutions to their problems.

Over time, as ChatGPT processes more data and learns from more interactions, it can gain greater depth and breadth of knowledge, and develop a deeper understanding of the nuances of language and human behavior. This places ChatGPT at the "knowledge" stage of the DIKW hierarchy.

Furthermore, as ChatGPT provides insights and solutions to user queries, it can help users make informed decisions and take actions based on its recommendations. This can lead to the development of wisdom, placing ChatGPT at the top of the DIKW hierarchy.

... and it appears to have a rather over-inflated opinion of itself. It's "wisdom" is more that of someone propping up a bar.

Prior to the whole AI storm, I had noticed in recent years that on-line product "reviews" by "journalists", particularly in tech areas, are just a mish-mash of gathered information.

Increasingly this area got taken over by jobbing "reviewers" and" bloggers" who just need to quickly kick out a thousand words before moving onto the next paid promotion and it often appears obvious that the "reviewer" has never used or perhaps even seen the product in question. They clearly have sourced product specs and stats and then quickly drawn their own conclusions from those sources.

So i guess that AI chatbots will quickly replace them and just churn out the same fodder, but quicker and cheaper.

Do robots even have beards? Nope. Therefore I care not for one's opinion on the subject. Now, where did I leave my wooden clogs... hmm the left one is still in the gearing of that old mill in France, maybe I'll throw the right one into TwatGPT before it takes my job.
TLR - The Luddite Room.

It'd be pretty impressive if it had given the dates that particular model (or other Techs) were in production. Naming conventions and layouts of the data that would present this would probably make this difficult for it to corroborate across various sources to determine the dates, and using only one source could give incomplete or erroneous results.

I think being able to collect and compare data from various sources to present a single authority on a subject is a more useful thing for AI to do than produce glib template journalism. I imagine this is the future for the project though.

... and that's the machine learning aspect of AI. But it does need to learn from a human. Then, we get into the issue of just who is an authority and how does the machine trust that? Crude mecahnisms like a count of hands does not cut it when it comes to complexities like this.

AI is in its infancy and we do need to remember that however good it appears to be, it's still a child. My example of the DIKW hierarchy above shows just that ... it considers itself "wise" by emulating what the wise do, or appearing to fit the criteria as written by the wise. It's not. But it is likely to grow, mature and get to the point that it does genuinely outpace some humans. It's certainly quicker at getting to artefacts of information and assimilating them into framework structure that emulates knowledge.

I first came across "chatbots" in 2018 when they were being tested for distance learning, in retrospect I think it may have been part of ChatGP testing and research; regardless, even then it was clear to me the potential power of AI and machine learning. indeed, I believe AI today, can enable faster learning than face to face teaching. My assertion actually concerns me, but there you go. Remeber ChatGP has been deliberately hobbled for public use. We now know the likely impact on movies and animations but more concerning is how AI can be trained to read human emotions and trained to deceive. The debate regarding consciousness I think may be a bit of a red herring as we do not know how human consciousness works but it is clear to me that depending on the data-sets an AI has access to and its learning parameters, we are in uncharted waters and I think this maybe why Geoffrey Hinton, Elon Musk and Steve Wozniak, amongst others, are waving a red flag.

It's just another way of taking power, information and agency (and therefore money) from the masses and funneling it upwards to a handful of technocrats who control it. We will be sold it as another "convenience" but it's a tool for the exploitation of masses of data and they'll worry about the ethics later (ie never). A machine will never have integrity or a conscience, and would not think twice about presenting an opinion made from aggregate data as fact even knowing that people may be harmed by it, eg giving false hope or bad advice to cancer sufferers just because it's programmed to say "something" that fits it's own criteria. Honestly if I make it to a natural death I'll be glad to see the back of this sh!t.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom