Charles Nicholls - malpractice AGAIN!

This is a quote from a UK member of Badger & Blade. Please be very wary of buying from Charles Nicholls.

"OK, I decided to treat myself and get a silvertip (Rooney 2 sml) brush instead; from ...

charlesnicholls.co.uk

My birthday was close by so I suggested it as a gift from SWMBO. I sent her a URL link to avoid any misunderstanding, not very spontanous I know but she was just pleased to be getting me something I'd like.

She received a brush very quickly with a hand written note. Stating...

'Apologies but the brush you have ordered is out of stock, we have upgraded you to a more expensive brush at no extra cost', they stated that the new brush was worth £50.

Just to be certain she asked if I wanted to check it first. They had 'upgraded' us from a silvertip to a best brush (same style and size.

Just to be clear on this, on the web site the best brush was £36, the silvertip £43.20.

We decided to check how long the brush would be out of stock for, rather than pay over the odds for a cheaper brush. SWMBO phoned them directly, posing as a new customer. Well... would you believe it the brush (silvertip's) were in stock all along !!!

Hmmm, lots of apologizing later they sent out the correct brush and refunded the return postage.

I really hope this was a genuine mistake and not a scam to take advantage of a non-shaver buying a product that has varying grades and costs.

I notice that 'chicken neck' also had a mysterious upgrade from this seller?

Are they trying to push Executive Shaving prices from the Charles Nicholls web site??? "

I recently bought from them via Executive Shaving and experienced a level of service that was second to none.
They were a joy to deal with and i'd gladly shop there again.
I can only hope it was a genuine mistake on their part,,,Im sure it was .
Its hard to imagine that a company which is basically one guy could operate such different standards?
beejay.

Sounds suspicious to me.

Most businesses would just contact to say the item was out of stock and an apology and refund would be offered, volunteering a more expensive product would dramatically reduce the profit margin in a way most businesses would not find viable. I cant think the margins on those brushes is high.

This is getting ridiculous

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136335" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136335</a><!-- m -->

Chalk another one up...

Given the praise of our septic cousins and after catching our Fido's keenness for brush acquisition, I thought I'd give a Rooney 1/3 in silvertip a go and ordered from Executive Shaving

I was impressed - a package turned up the next day - except it was a 3/1 in pure. Not impressed. After a call and a slick email, I was assured I'd be looked after etc.

So today I picked up the replacement brush... it least that was right (and its amazing - I will do a review). But "being looked after" involves adding a shitty little sample of Osmium non foaming shave cream(!) and no reimbursement of postal costs incurred by me.

Edit to add that after corresponding, they have indeed agreed to sort things out in a very honourable fashion, including a refund of postage costs and a TOBS Avocado, which is more than I was hoping for!

Just a footnote to say I genuinely think that whilst they have made some mistakes with packaging that their heart is in the right place.

The senior guy there is friendly and does try to help out and does not want customers upset - especially as there are many shave geeks around who spend far too much on gear.

They have gone far beyond the call of duty so eventually a happy customer here. And I would use them again.

Back
Top Bottom