Champagne on ice?

Pig Cat said:
I reckon Fido was anticipating HM's 1000th post. Now does this prove that he is a articulate, valuable and trusted member of our forum, or just a gob-shite chatterbox? Discuss. :mrgreen:

:eek: Just happened to read this thread again and noticed this post of mine looks like I am critisising Fido. :oops: Nothing could be further from the truth - in fact out of those two descriptions it is Fido that is the former and HM the latter (same as me!) :lol:

Now I'll get my coat...

Let's have a campaign to bring back Sceptic Tank - HM should be terminated and ST initiated.

And let's do it quickly so HM never makes his big K!

:lol:

Rev-O said:
Let's have a campaign to bring back Sceptic Tank - HM should be terminated and ST initiated.

And let's do it quickly so HM never makes his big K!

:lol:

Now that all you clever people have blown his cover it is unlikely that he will need you to do the terminating.
I have never known such an appalling breach of security.
Bad show, chaps. ;)

Rev-O said:
Well I didn't blow it but I also didn't know ST was still active on B&B

BOAB DELETE THIS THREAD!

I must say that I did know about HM's old persona but assumed that he had left it behind. I expect HM as administrator will delete any incriminating evidence if need be.

:hungrig

All this banning is a complete nonsense anyway. They chucked me out of B&B after only a couple of days because I kicked up a fuss after they moved one of my threads. Do they seriously think they can keep me off the site when I have several email options to use! And any number of other names. That's if I want to go back there of course.

Fido said:
All this banning is a complete nonsense anyway. They chucked me out of B&B after only a couple of days because I kicked up a fuss after they moved one of my threads. Do they seriously think they can keep me off the site when I have several email options to use! And any number of other names. That's if I want to go back there of course.

I'm not very techy, but I think they may be able to go by IP address so even if you use a different email address in theory you could be identified. There are loads of IT nerds :ugeek: here so hopefully someone will expand on this.

Fido said:

That doesn't work Fido. As PC mentioned if your'e that bothered you need to hide your'e IP address if you want to re register :cool:

Type TOR into google to get you started.

Well said Hunny.

Pig Cat said:
I'm not very techy, but I think they may be able to go by IP address so even if you use a different email address in theory you could be identified. There are loads of IT nerds :ugeek: here so hopefully someone will expand on this.

Most people are on dynamic addresses - so if you're with PQR internet and they ban by IP, they ban one of PQR's several thousand IP addresses - you restart your internet connection and it's not you (or if it is, it's time to put on the lottery because getting the same address is 1 in thousands)... even if you're on a static IP then it's trivial to find a way around it - TOR or an open proxy being the obvious two...

Magicpixie said:
Hmm, I seem to be no longer a member of CONUK but still a member of B&B; 'ow queer...

I think this has been a hissyfit on a monumental scale, for the love of fried bacon it's only a shaving forum! imagine if they were running something really important :roll:

Regards brethern

Back
Top Bottom