CASTLE FORBES

ive just bought some of the above lavender i was wondering whats the best way to make this work ie on face or a bowl?
if a bowl anyone got one for sale ?
or a good place to buy one

thanks jimmythetightgit

Any cereal bowl, large soup or cappuccino mug will do. The thicker the wall the better for retaining heat.

Your local large Supermarket will probably have something for pennies.

quattrojames said:
THESE are quite good, I don't know how big the soap is, but I've just grated my MWF into one tonight and it was pretty easy.

antdad said:
Give ya two quid for it.

Legend :lol:

I have tried out a sample of this bowl. It leeches the stain into the soap, so I wouldn't recommend...unless you like shaving with Ronseal. I'ld be interested to hear how you got on quattrojames.

soapalchemist said:
I have tried out a sample of this bowl. It leeches the stain into the soap, so I wouldn't recommend...unless you like shaving with Ronseal. I'ld be interested to hear how you got on quattrojames.

I did notice that a bit actually, which surprised me as I gave the bowl a wash in warm soapy water beforehand. I've not used it yet, maybe when it gets wet the stain will run a bit more - maybe thats why MWF use ceramic bowls .... ? I don't suppose it will affect the performance of the soap, just the aesthetics?

I bought my first CF Lavender on Robert's recommendation at The Gentemans Shop, Hungerford, the same day he recommended a Simpsons Duke 3 Best. Both are great products which at the time he used every day as his favourite combo. Robert swirls the brush on the cream in the "bowl" it comes in. I scoop some out and spread it around the bottom of a bowl with a spatula. Any old cereal bowl or the like will perform perfectly. Or you could treat yourself to a ridged bowl made by a local potter like mine which cost me £12. Or you can pay a lot more for an "official" shaving bowl, which I think are generally too small for anything other than tiny brushes.

Bowl.jpg

antdad said:
Any cereal bowl, large soup or cappuccino mug will do. The thicker the wall the better for retaining heat.

Your local large Supermarket will probably have something for pennies.

This note from Antdad is the ideal solution!

I got a Sainsbury's cereal bowl about a year ago (approx 6" across the top), white, ceramic, perfect. About £1.20ish

I also like their small, white, ceramic ramekins which hold two grated/sliced Palmolive sticks perfectly. Less than £1.

Let's not over complicate this.

;)

moodymick said:
Sorry, but buying empty ramekins is a wasted opportunity, get some GU desserts as a treat (for the wife?) - eat the contents, wash them out and voila 2 glass ramekins and smartie points to boot!!

I agree, I have used ramekins before now. Glass ones that creme caramel came in. The only trouble was that they didn't stack very well. I do prefer a lid too, so I either using plastic pots or Paul's wooden bowls. Oh, my Palmolive's been in a TOBS wooden bowl for some time now.

Back
Top Bottom