Castle Forbes shaving cream

I've not seen this cream mentioned much around here, so I was wondering what the general consensus on it is on the forum.

Do people like it? If so, which scent is your favourite?

It seems to have a cult-like following on other forums and I'm surprised that it doesn't get mentioned that much here given that it is a British brand.

One of my favourites. Great, easy lather. Feels great. They seem pricey, but a little goes a long way.
My favourite scent is the Lime. One of the few soaps/creams I have actually finished and I plan to restock before the summer.
The lavender is lovely and natural as well. Not my favourite lavender (that was the now discontinued :eek: Truefitt&Hill), but still a lovely scent with the same great performance.
The Cedar&Sandalwood seems to divide people. I don't get any Sandalwood, just Cedar. It smells like a freshly cut plank of wood. Lovely. Get a sample first.

Yeah sort of had a feeling that it's a battle of the lime bs lavender. I see why some people might be on the fence about the orange coloured one. It sort of smells like pencil shavings or saw dust.

Yeah sort of had a feeling that it's a battle of the lime bs lavender. I see why some people might be on the fence about the orange coloured one. It sort of smells like pencil shavings or saw dust.
It does, but that's nice. Goes well with Yardley Citrus Wood or Terre D'Hermes...

I've smelt the lime and while it is nice it's quite a sweet scent. If it was a sharp lime I'd have been more tempted. The lavender smells exactly like a lavender bush, its sublime.

Got myself some samples.

The lavender lathers great but I did get some slight itchiness from it. Not sure if it's because I used too much. Did anyone else experience this from the lavender?

You only need a tiny amount on the brush to get a good lather, so I guess that's why people say it's economical. It's hard to get this right for a first time user.

Still waiting for my limes sample.

I have the Limes and it's good stuff, deserves its reputation, but calling it a cream is a bit of a misnomer (assuming mine is normal). It's more a case of prying bits off it than scooping it out!

Do you guys recommend sampling these creams first?

Definitely. I absolutely love the lime and foolishly splurged for both the cream and balm in lavender. One shave was enough to convince me that the scent wasn't for me. Reminded me of old ladies. Also, the balm was horrible - greasy wouldn't absorb into the skin. I tried to sell them on but the forum was going through a very quiet trading patch and I couldn't shift them. Ended up in the bin.:oops:

The lime is highly recommended. Straight out of the box, the lime fragrance smells quite artificial but gets much better with the application of water. It's quite firm for a cream, so I load the brush in a similar way to a soap. Lots of slick, creamy, fragrant lather and a great shave.

CF is only second to Acqua Di Parma in my book, but ahead of all the other creams I've tried. Beautiful, rich lather with natural scents that offers excellent glide and cushion. Not the cheapest but certainly not the dearest and, as said before, a little goes a long way.

Back
Top Bottom