Castle Forbes Pre-shave

It was an "I'm worth it!" moment on a cold, wet day that I bought a bottle of Castle Forbes Pre-shave on-line. I don't know that it came with instructions and I binned them if it did.
This morning, I used this very expensive Castle Forbes Pre-shave. The first thing that happened is that it killed the sunsequently applied lather stone dead, off the perch, not breathing, dead.
After rinsing it off and starting the lather from scratch, the lather was still not as good as it ought to be but was as good as I could get. And the second thing happened - I got a really good shave as in, close and comfortable.
So I have three questions - is Castle Forbes Pre-shave really bad? or is it really good? or (blame myself rather than the product) what am I doing wrong?
I have a bottle of very expensive stuff on the shelf and I'd love to know what to do with it!

Castle Forbes has kind of been a disappointment to me. The products do what they says they'll do, but for the price I thought the fragrances would be 'more'. Or they're just to elite for my sniffer!

Bechet45 said:
It was an "I'm worth it!" moment on a cold, wet day that I bought a bottle of Castle Forbes Pre-shave on-line. I don't know that it came with instructions and I binned them if it did.
This morning, I used this very expensive Castle Forbes Pre-shave. The first thing that happened is that it killed the sunsequently applied lather stone dead, off the perch, not breathing, dead.
After rinsing it off and starting the lather from scratch, the lather was still not as good as it ought to be but was as good as I could get. And the second thing happened - I got a really good shave as in, close and comfortable.
So I have three questions - is Castle Forbes Pre-shave really bad? or is it really good? or (blame myself rather than the product) what am I doing wrong?
I have a bottle of very expensive stuff on the shelf and I'd love to know what to do with it!

I have been using this product for quite some while along with their shaving cream's, I do honestly believe they are not only very good products and contain natural ingredients.

But the Pre-Shave balm is water soluble " does not contain any oils " therefore good for you brush, will not clog up your brush with unwanted oils.

Charles U.K

I have a bottle of the CF pre-shave and although I rarely use it, I have never had issues with it destroying lather from any soap or cream. What I have noticed is that smell that comes off it when the lather hits it - things get a bit fishy for a few seconds.

As far as it's effectiveness is concerned, I've found that it can make a small difference to a shave, but not really enough to justify the time applying it or the cost.

I won't be buying another bottle. It's not bad, but it's just not good enough in my humble opinion.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom